I just wanted to take a few minutes to express my gratitude for such a nice, relaxing vacation. We generally take our vacation somewhere warm to escape the cold temperatures of New Jersey during the winter months. After trying feverish to reserve Florida Keys for over six months, and much confusion with telephones calls and misguided information, we were given Virginia Beach as our only choice for our holiday. It was just as cold as it was in New Jersey...
However we decided to make the most of our vacation with scheduling tourist attractions regardless of the below 30 degree temperatures. We were very pleased that there was so much to do in such a close proximity of our hotel. After a day in cold weather it was amazing to come back to our suite, cook a nice dinner (with all kitchen supplies available to us) and then head down to the heated pool and hot tub. Extremely relaxing!
We were so happy with all of the conveniences of our room, from dinnerware to appliances in the kitchen to the tvs/ dvr, blow dryers, and some, it was without a doubt, 'like home'.
Each day we had opportunities to have fun WITHIN the hotel. We took advantage of the caricatures (LOVED!) and had fun in the game room playing air hockey. Also, the wine and cheese party was simply wonderful. Ms Betsy was not only friendly, but charismatic! She made us feel welcomed and answered all the questions that we had about the hotel and the area. When she found out about our troubles with reserving our original desired destination she went and retrieve the manager Mr. Bill Mitchell. He sat and spoke to us and was very informative. Very personable as well. Bob was another helpful guide to us, helping us obtain tickets to the aquarium and IMAX theater. Rounding up the pleasantness of the staff at Ocean Key, I would just like to add that not once did we enter the building or pass by the front desk that we did not receive a warm and welcoming greeting.
Would I go there on another vacation? Absolutely! And I look forward to it as well =)
Thank you for a surprisingly wondrous vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Ocean Key Resort is located at the serene south end of Virginia Beach, the 142 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with beach accents and soft colors. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• Fitness Center• Activities Center & Gaming Room• Party Deck & Sun Patio• On-site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Key Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Resort Virginia Beach Virginia
- Ocean Key Resort Va Beach