“Not bad at all”
Review of Dolphin Inn

Dolphin Inn
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So we booked the rooms about 3 month before the trip. After booking I read the reviews and was so scared i was having nightmares Before the trip. We have two rooms side by side witch is what we requested. The rooms are very spacious and location is amazing. We have three young kids and no issue with room. The rooms are ok for cleanses. They aren't dirty no bugs. Yes the furniture is dated but its clean. The bathroom has sand around the edges but u are at the beach. If you aren't expecting a 5 star resort and will be happy with a clean but dated place to stay. This is the place. Plus staff is wonderful. We plan on coming back bext year. I will say one downfall for me is only one elivator so it makes for slow travels.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Annkatejacobsmom

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Let me start off by saying I have written over 20 reviews and this is my first negative review! We stayed here over memorial day weekend for 5 days. The hotel is an all efficiency hotel which was what we were looking for but it was very run down and old. Housekeeping was AWFUL!!!! The first day they made one bed but not the other and that was the extent of their cleaning. After complaining to manager next day room was cleaned much better but by our third day they ran out of bath towels and we had to use pool towels...which weren't any bigger than an over grown hand towel. They didn't do any other cleaning for the rest of the time while we were there. The only positive thing was the receptionist at front desk was super nice and location isn't bad if you want to be where the action is. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this place and I will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank smokymountainlove
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am not too picky but this is awful! I brought hubby for our anniversary. This place is so gross! Bedroom smells like pee, bug crawling on bed, filthy floors that are seriously crunchy, filthy refrigerator. I talked to front desk who said they are booked and will get us in something different tomorrow. I am typing this now because I cant sleep in this. =( I read reviews and take them lightly but trust when I say this is definitely the worst ever.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank ebag511
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I am far from picky- and if you don't care about cleanliness- stay here because it is a great location.

When we arrived they hadn't emptied the kitchen trash from the last people! The bathroom was upgraded- yet very dirty.

The space of the room was perfect for our family of 5. The kids enjoyed the pool (although very small) and the view from the balcony was beautiful.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Christy V
Reviewed 24 April 2014

that is about all I liked about this hotel. We could hear all the noise from the surrounding clubs at night until 2 in the morning. If you have small kids that needs sleep this is not the place for you. Also the rooms were dirty, stained, very old and not well kept. I am not a picky person but I do require clean and this was not it. The only thing I really liked was the view and the balcony where I could feed the gulls. However, I will be looking elsewhere for our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martha P
Reviewed 19 April 2014

When I was trying to book our place for our vacation, I didn't have many options left...so Dolphin Inn is what we chose!...regardless of the poor reviews, I booked it!

I am far from a super picky person, neither is my family...and we found the Dolphin Inn to be just great! Right in the middle of shops, food, attractions along the boardwalk, great area!!

The staff here is TOP NOTCH...friendly, quick to our requests and extremely polite!!

Our room was descent...yes--carpets had stains, the tub had some marks from usage....but I didn't find it to be 'dirty'....its a older hotel with some basic wear and tear...no big deal! The kitchen had a fridge, microwave, utensils, bowls and plates--along with dishtowels and soap.

The bedroom has 2 double beds and a dresser with TV inside...pretty good sized room! Also had a ironing board and iron in there along with hangers and rack for clothing.

In the living area there was a desk, TV, 6 drawer dresser, table and chairs and sectional couch that pulled out to a bed.

Balcony with chairs and table faced the ocean...was wonderful to wake up to each morning!

Looking for your basic place to stay---stay here! Cannot commend the staff enough...really friendly and on top of things!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank camille4824
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hotel was decent for the price. It is ocean front but affordable, swimming pool, great staff, efficiency rooms with oven, refrigerator, plates, cups, coffee maker, balcony, etc! Great location at the end of the beach! Great restaurants within walking distance!! On the Boardwalk!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends