I wish we did not stay here. It was nasty. I booked online for a suite that sleeps 6 for my family with teens. I requested an early check in however they did not honor it. Our room was not ready when we arrived and we ended up having to wait for the original time. They don't have a lobby so they told us they would call us when the room was ready. So we had to walk around in the heat until an hour passed and go back to check on it. The girl behind the desk was nice. She had no authority to do anything but informed me that we could only park ONE car in their lot. That was their policy. We had brought two vehicles. It did seem like The Dolphin had ample parking. However, we had to take one car down to 30th street and park in the city pay lot. Although the website said they could provide a roll away cot – The Dolphin did not have any. The room ("sleeps 6") only had 4 bath towels. One of the towels had a stain. They did not have enough bedding so we had to request blankets for the terribly uncomfortable pull out couch. The two beds were only doubles rather than queens that you usually find in hotels. The couch had stains in the cushions. Our toilet clogged three times. The maintenance man was very nice and fixed it. My husband had to stay up in the condo until he got there. After the third time he left a plunger for my husband in case it happened again. The Dolphin had two ice machines. One was broken. The other was empty the two times I went to use it. The view overlooking Virginia Beach and the location near all the action was the only perk. Except that the AC unit on the balcony was shooting hot air in the direction of the two plastic chairs they provided. The one elevator to get down to parking and to the beach was not sufficient to accommodate 10 floors. You had to wait often. The door would close on you if you didn’t hustle getting on/off the elevator. On the hotel property were three (most likely) homeless persons sitting in the small pines on the walkway to the beach. They were kind and harmless but none-the-less a distraction to vacationers. I wish I didn’t try to save money by staying here. I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Comfort Right on the Beach! This Virginia Beach, boutique hotel offers you and your family uncomplicated and uncompromised comfort and warm hospitality at a truly great value. Located at the very heart of the 3-mile long boardwalk, this all suite, all oceanfront property provides space and amenities at an unbeatable location. The Dolphin Inn is the perfect place to experience your special Virginia Beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Hotel Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Inn Virginia Beach Va