“Do not go to the Dolphin Inn”
Review of Dolphin Inn

Dolphin Inn
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond, Va
Reviewed 17 April 2005

We were not impressed at all, infact what we planed to be a fun weekend ended with us coming home a day early. We went out to get in our car to only find it missing. Turns out the Dolphin Inn had our car along with a few others towed. So $85.00 later you get your car back, if you are lucky enough to get bubba to unlock the gate next to the trailor park they tow your car to. The lady at the Dolphin Inn desk was rude, and unhelpful. The rooms were not impressive at all, and there wasn't a binder or any city information in the room either. If you read some of the other complaints on this website, they described it all to a "T".

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 5 April 2005

CAUTION! BEWARE! ATTENCIONE!

Stay away at all costs. Try though I may, I cannot even imagine a single redeeming quality about this...hotel (if you can even call it that).

The staff...AWFUL.

The room...MORE AWFUL, unless of course you are partial to filth.

The parking...I can't even think of a worthy adjective. Suffice it to say its a wonder the car survived...come to think of it it is a wonder that I survived!

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2005
11  Thank UncleBoomsky
Reviewed 18 February 2005

The bedroom was very nice and the beds comfy. The main room facing the beach showed a bit saltwater corrosion, which is really to be expected. The kitchenette was very clean and came in handy. Getting to the heated pool wasn’t worth our effort as you have to go outside on the 8th floor to get to it and more importantly, to get back (we stayed at the end of January). The Jacuzzi bathtub was the clincher, although it needed refinishing. They attempted to paint the tub with latex paint, which promptly peeled and floated around. Beware, there is no sound absorption for folks talking in the hallway or slamming of the room doors, which it seems everyone does (can't we all get along?). I imagine that in the summer the ocean noise masks this issue a bit. Still I'd go back in a heartbeat. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Overall I would give them a 4 and a half circles out of five on the scale if I could.

3  Thank bhodges2016
Reviewed 17 January 2005

DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!The water in the bath room does not work. Cant get a good parking place.The staff are very unfriendly.The staff did not care about any of my problems. I hope that YOU really do read this. Save your money and your time. I hope to have better luck in 2005.To The People That Work At This Place, I Do Hope That You Read This And All Of The Reviews.People work very hard for The money that thay get, The last thing that any of us want is a really bad room!

6  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 22 December 2004

I had stayed at this hotel years ago and then stayed this past weekend. It had been remodeled. The rooms are not tremendously large, but fine for a couple of people. There were two beds (a little soft, but okay) in the bedroom and a living room with a pull out couch, desk, and a table with two chairs. It also had a small balcony.
The thing that really sealed the deal for me was the big jacuzzi. It is large enough for a couple of folks! Very nice. I would surely stay here again.

The only problem I can see is the parking is not good at all. We went out late in the evening. When I returned, there was no parking space I could get in to. I had to park at the parking place where loading and unloading occurs. This was the only down side to the hotel I experienced.

4  Thank sherryva
Torrington, CT
Reviewed 24 August 2004

I Am A pleased costumer!!!! I stayed at the Dolphin Inn In February, I was happy at all of the activities that were close by, The room service was great AND The rooms WERE very clean, I would recommend this hotel , I am returning in November for my second Visit, Please listen to the positive reviews!!! They ARE true, excellent views of Virginia Beach!

Thanks

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 4 August 2004

After driving around and looking for a space in the cramped parking lot, we took the only elevator in the hotel up to our room. We walked in and walked out. Room looked dirty and was very small. Didn't even want to sit on the couch. Carpet looked nasty too. Stay somewhere else.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member