We stayed in october because of the lower rates. The room was great!!! When I first saw the room I was disappointed because I thought I would have rather had the bedroom be the room you could see the ocean from but it was the living room. It ended up being better that it was that way. Since the hotel was a suite it was great because it had a kitchenette. The bathroom was very large and the whirlpool tub was great. It could have been better if they supplied bath salt to use in it. The one complaint I have about the bathroom was. We had more people than usual and we had thought that the toilet was backed up and called the front desk. The informed me that they don't have any kind of maitenence personnel to help fix things in the room. The front desk woman said she would be sending a maid up with a plunger. They never showed up and I called housekeeping. None of the housekeepers spoke English so that was a problem. And they didn't have a plunger that they knew of anyway. (The problem fixed itself so we didn't need it :-D). The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept on in a hotel. The only problem in the bedroom was that the window was directly across from the light in the hallway. The venitian blind in the window didn't do much for blocking out the light. If you are very sensitive to light like I am I would recommend sleeping on the couch and not in the bedroom. It would have been better if there was a regular curtain in front of that window instead of a blind. Our room was on the top floor (11th floor) and the views were great. It would have been nicer if an ice machine and a snack machine was on our floor. We just had a drink machine. Or at least have a snack machine on every other floor. The only one was on the first floor. The hotel was in a great area and had some very nice restaurants in walking distance. Since the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. I can only say that the only major problem we had was when we first arrived. We spent over 20 minutes looking for the lobby. We thought it was on the first floor or second floor of the hotel. We finally found it in the parking garage. When we parked the car we had just assumed it was the valet parking office since it wasn't even marked lobby or anything. At least there were other people lost trying to find it like us. We weren't the only ones. Maybe it should have a sign that says LOBBY in the window or near the elevator it could say "lobby located in the garage out front." We could have spent that time relaxing in our room. Also the pool was rather on the small side. It looks bigger on the webpage. But since we were the only ones using it, it wasn't that bad. Just don't get in the pool with someone you don't like. It is kind of close quarters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Comfort Right on the Beach! This Virginia Beach, boutique hotel offers you and your family uncomplicated and uncompromised comfort and warm hospitality at a truly great value. Located at the very heart of the 3-mile long boardwalk, this all suite, all oceanfront property provides space and amenities at an unbeatable location. The Dolphin Inn is the perfect place to experience your special Virginia Beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Hotel Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Inn Virginia Beach Va