“Great value, good location”

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great value, good location”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

First time here and will definitely return. From the courtesy of the front staff to the amenities of the hotel and the cleanliness of the room, you couldn't do better. All oceanfront rooms with private balcony make this one of the more welcome places in Va. Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms face ocean so you can't go wrong
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Mechanicsville, VA
Reviewed 19 September 2011

During peak season (August) I planned a last minute Friday night stay in Va Beach. While researching hotels, I found there was not much available under $350. I finally came across the Surside Oceanfront Inn & Suites for a very reasonable price ($170). I was skepitcal because of many of the reviews I saw. We were down to the wire and I decided to go ahead & book it, as we had a photo shoot with our photographer Friday evening on the beach and we needed somewhere to stay. When we arrived, we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We went to our room on the first floor (one floor below lobby level). The room was super tiny and outdated, but for the price and the view it was just right. After our photo shoot, we came back to the room and used the microwave to heat up food for our 3 & 1 year old. We squeezed the pack and play in the only spot it would fit, put the 3 year old in one of the beds, the 1 year old in his pack and play, turned out the lights and with a bottle of wine and some board games - my husband and I sat on the balcony overlooking the beach and boardwalk and watched people go by. One thing to note - we left our 3 yr olds bear & lion animals that he sleeps with on the bed by mistake. When we got to the OBX the next day, went to put him to bed for the evening and couldn't find the bear/lion he was devestated. I made up a story about how they had to stay at Va Beach for whatever reason, put him down for the night & immediately called the hotel. They were so nice and understanding and they tracked down his animals. I received them by COD within a few days. AWESOME! A+ in my book just for that alone. :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AmesnBru
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My fiancé decided to take me to Virginia Beach for a concert and the beach :).
The price was decent for 2 nights, when we got there the check in was pretty fast. But when we got the room I notice it was dirty. There was still sand on the floor, there crumbs on the table. I told my fiance that we should switch rooms but him being a little shy said no. So we decided to wipe the table and went to our concert. That night when we came back we notice that there were bugs in the room I figure it out, it was because of being so close the the beach. Then we saw a moth, that was the last straw for me.

After not seeing the moth after an hour or so we just went to sleep the phone was greasy and so was the door knobs and the remote control. The next day we went to breakfast and when we came back the bed was made, but they didn't vacuum or wiped the table. The moth ended dying that night it ended up on top of the safe box, the cleaning person didn't take it away either.

We were not really happy during our stay but it was cheap so we didn't expect much. We did not return to this hotel, I would recommend it for the parking lot and being so close the beach.

If you are a germ freak, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Take some bleach wipes just in case!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maya C
dcboo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the state of the room you were checked in to - I wish you had alerted the Front Desk so that we could have addressed the situation while you were still in house. We can't make your stay better if we don't know there's a problem! We have pest control specialist contracted for regular inspection and preventative measures to eliminate insect issues. Because all of our rooms have oceanfront balconies, however, insects can sometimes sneak in with guests as they open and close the balcony doors. Again - I wish you would have let us know while you were with us so we would have had the chance to make your stay better! Please come stay with us again - we'd love the chance to exceed your expectations!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Good value for the money and location. Rooms are average in size and clean. We stayed in a room with 2 queen size beds that were comfortable with access to oceanfront balcony. Continental breakfast was served every morning but best to arrive before 9am since it gets really crowded after 9am. Parking was free. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Pool is indoors but has sliding windows to allow outside air in. Elevators were slow during rush hours 9am, 1pm and 5pm but it did not matter we used stairs. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Even though they just had a hurricane go through the hotel was cleaned up nice. The staff were very friendly nad helpgful.

Room Tip: We had the 2 room suite. Loved it. Lots of room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel was very dirty, smelly, and outdated. I felt uncomfortable the entire stay and will not be back. The first room we were given was a double bed and we requested a king size. The front desk was good about switching us to a king room. However that room smelled strongly of urine. We bought airfreshner and tried to tolerate it, but could not. After one night we switched rooms and the room we were given was much better. The front desk attendant, Antwein was very nice & helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
dcboo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
I'm sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable during your stay! Unfortunately, you came to stay with us not long after the area was battered by Hurricane Irene. Our property did sustain some damage as a result of the storm. We truly did our best to address the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible and to return the hotel to normal operating conditions as soon as possible so as not to minimize the inconvenience to our guests who had already made reservations and were, with good reason, still expecting to come stay with us. The hotel was, in fact, closed for several days for repairs and cleaning. I apologize that your original room was not up to par, but I am happy that we were able to accomodate you by switching your room to one that was satisfactory. We do pride ourselves on our customer service, and appreciate all of our guests who stayed so soon after Hurricane Irene for being so supportive, understanding, and patient. Please don't let this incident keep you away! Come and stay with us another time, hopefully not right after a brutal storm, and I'm sure we can meet, and exceed, your expectations.
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Staff was friendly, room was clean, parking area was nice. The pillows were particularly comfortable. The halls do smell a bit musty, but you can't smell it anywhere else. The continental breakfast was tasty, and, as other people have pointed out, it is a bit crowded in there.
I doubt I'll ever be back to the area again, given that Key West is drastically cheaper and much more desirable, but I would stay at Surfside again.

• Stayed August 2011