Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My stay at the Surfside OceanFront was a wonderful stay,the people at the front was so nice and so helpful and pleasant I could not think of any other hotel to stay at,at the SurfSide it is so clean and if have any problems they are right on it,I want to THANK everone at the SURFSIDE for everthing that you done for my there. They were working on the second floor and thats where my rooms was so they did not want me to be disturbed they ask me do I mind to move and I ask were and they said to a suites with no extera change,I still had three more of stay so I did move,this is what i call a wonderful hotel because they think of you to see how they can help make your stay a pleastant and happy stay.THANKS AGAIN SURFSIDE INN& SUITES

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise B
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We apologize for your inconvenience of having to move rooms due to construction on the second floor but we are glad we were able to accommodate the remainder of your stay in a suite. We will be happy to welcome you again when in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have a family of four, including two kids under the age of 4. I needed a place that had two bedrooms, and I found this place. The reviews were a bit all over the place but the price was right, so I took the plunge. A couple things that others reviewers said that I agree with is that the room itself was very clean, and the workers were very friendly. The view was awesome, straight on to the beach, no side views or anything. The price was also pretty good, especially when compared to other beachfront hotels. I didn't notice much noise from my neighbors. Additionally, if you have kids, this hotel is located up north of the main stretch of the boardwalk, which is GREAT because there was less of a crowd. In short, although the hotel isn't the perfect hotel, its a great hotel and a good value. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TheLaw79
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad we could accommodate your family of four. We would like to welcome you back when traveling to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our family stays here several times a year. The hotel is close to the fishing pier for my husband and the beach for the rest of us. The indoor pool is great when weather is bad. We are in the perfect location for the Neptune Festival to walk the boardwalk and enjoy all the shopping and activities. The staff is very friendly and helpful esp. the manager. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We enjoy staying here and have already booked for next Neptune Festival. We would and have recommended this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gaylelong
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

We are glad you stayed with us and could enjoy the Neptune Festival. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to your family and friends. We are delighted that you will be returning and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were there on are honeymoon and they were very accommodating to us. Staff was very friendly not a grumpy person in that place. It was very clean and had all your basic kitchenette needs which made it very nice. We were on the 7th floor the view was great next time I would like to be on the top floor. We will definitely be returning customers.

1  Thank Jess91413
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Congratulations on your wedding and we are glad you honeymooned at the Surfside Oceanfront. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My family spent a couple nights here and I'm sure I'll be a return customer!!!
Pros:Hotel Staff & front desk were all very nice and helpful. The beds were comfy and the location was perfect for us. We went as a family so we wanted a more quite atmosphere. Close to the fishing pier and on the boardwalk.
Cons: We stayed on the 8th floor and I was very curious if all the floors had the same housekeeping as the floor we were on. I felt the room just didn't get a good cleaning. Seems to be a quick touch up job. The shower was dirty and the tile floor and the tiles around the jetted tub need a good scrubbing with bleach. If all this was taken care of, the room & hotel would be AWESOME!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate and truly value all comments as this will help us improve. Our goal is to provide the best hospitality and service to our guest. We are glad you found the beds very comfortable. We would be thrilled to have you return when in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here when we needed a quick getaway in Virginia Beach. We booked a suit with Jacuzzi on the top floor and it was just what we needed. The hotel was clean and the staff, especially the front desk, very attentive to our needs. The hotel is not new but, when we stayed there, it was in the process of getting a makeover that should make it a first-rate place to stay. The location is right on the beach and near some very nice restaurants. The view of the ocean from our balcony and jacuzzi relaxed us until our daily stresses disappeared. We will probably be staying here again.

1  Thank DayGloPirate

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope the next time you visit Virginia Beach you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed for 6 nights during Neptune Festival. Hotel staff very professional and courteous. Guests feel very welcome. Every person that comes through the door or past the desk is greeted. Accommodations are very nice and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. We were on the 8th floor and the view from the balcony was absolutely beautiful. The sunrise is breathtaking. Halls were being freshly painted. We have stayed at Surfside several times and they continually are improving their facilities. The carpets in the hallways do appear stained, but the hallways are brightly lit and otherwise appear clean. The breakfast had a very nice assortment - waffles, bagels, donuts, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, and milk. Breakfast area has two rooms and there seemed to be room for anyone coming in for breakfast. If you just look in, you may not notice the room off to the back which is much larger to accommodate many more people. The breakfast attendant did a wonderful job keeping everything freshly stocked and clean. Good location near the fishing pier. Overall a very pleasant week and we look forward to returning to Surfside!

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront with a private balcony, so the view would be awesome from any of the rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Welcome back and thank you for your continuous support and loyalty. We are glad you got to view the beautiful sunrise from you balcony. I am delighted you enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast. It is our desire to make sure you felt welcome during your 6 nights stay. We look forward to you vacationing with us again