Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersSilver level
King George, Virginia
“Not That Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Due to last minute booking, we stayed at the Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites, not that bad. The front desk service was very nice! The free hot breakfast bar and parking was good. The elevators were very slow and house keeping needs some improvement.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LaVerne L
Dannielle Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review and share your experience with us. It was our pleasure to provide you with excellent customer service during your stay in the hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and your constructive comments regarding other issues are appreciated. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the free hot breakfast. Upon your return, if you encounter an issue with your room or service, please do not hesitate to call the Front Desk. We appreciate the opportunity to promptly correct any issues and to make your stay more enjoyable. We would be delighted to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I was there for a very lengthy stay from July 2 through August 22. Work required me to be there before the breakfast room opened so the awesome group at the front desk offered me a "to go" breakfast everyday. Myrana (?) was great with the kids when she came around for cleaning duties. Tony was right on top of the only maintenance issue we had (slow draining shower). The elevators were extremely slow but who cares, it's called vacation. Danielle, Liz and Giovanni were all very friendly and made the stay pleasant. Thanks for everything.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank neverchekmail
Dannielle Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff. We enjoy creating positive interactions with our guests. It was our pleasure to provide you with excellent customer service during your stay in the hotel. We will be happy to welcome you once again when visiting Virginia Beach.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is by no means a luxury resort. Location is superb, especially with ocean side view. But no room service, border line rude customer service and pretty steep prices for what you get makes me rank this hotel at average at best. The fact that the work out room was under construction and they did not note this when I booked the room left a bad taste too.
In short, they charge luxury prices for average to below average amenities. But the ocean view was great; cannot say the same for their breakfast.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dannielle Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I apologize for the bad experience you encountered during your stay. We pride our hotel staff on our Customer Service. Unfortunately, our Fitness Center has been under renovations since May, and we do have it listed as being closed on our website as well as other online booking tools. I hope you will keep us in mind if you do return to Virginia Beach, we offer our repeat guests a discount, just be sure to call the hotel and book with us directly.
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I regretfully stayed here Thursday, August 14th and Friday, August 15th. I can honestly say that it was far and beyond the worst hotel experience of my life. I had a reservation for Saturday, the 16th, but my fiance couldn't bear another night, so we checked out a day early. Upon arrival, only one elevator was in service for all nine floors. Later on, both began intermittently working for the balance of my stay. As soon as I walked into my room there was a noticeable musty smell to the room. When I first laid down on the bed, I noticed the bedding was still a little damp, like they hadn't been fully dried. The bed was by far the most uncomfortably hard mattress I have ever slept on. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and cranked the a/c to see if that would help with the musty odor, only to find out the a/c hardly worked. The room hardly became cool when the a/c was on cold/high. On multiple occasions I would step out onto the balcony to find myself inhaling second hand cigarette and marijuana smoke from a room either next to, right above or right below mine. When we checked out Saturday morning, the woman who handled the check out said I could get a refund for the third night due to the issues mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Jon C
Dannielle Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, including the balcony areas. I am unaware of any smoking issues that you may have experienced but if there were please contact me (Dannielle Quadrino) at the hotel (Dannielle@ghllcgroup.com) so that I can address those concerns. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, but if we can be of assistance in assisting you in the future, please give us a call.We do hope you consider us for a future stay, to improve on and exceed your expectations.

Bristow, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over a long weekend. Rented one of the suites. It is vey big room. Unfortunately, I was not very impressed. The furniture was new but the bathtub and kitchen were a horrible pink. Also the place felt growdy. My families feet would turn black just from walking on the carpet. Also the AC in the bedroom sounded like it was constantly dripping water, none ever came out but annoying when you are trying to sleep. The beach isn't very crowded which is a plus and has a wooden path that leads down to it which was really nice especially if you are trying to get a stroller down there. But water had some trash and debris in it from the pier. That is not the hotels fault though. All in all it was ok. Staff was nice but will spend abit more for somewhere nicer next time.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Charla T
Dannielle Q, Front Desk Supervisor at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We are scheduled for a full remodel this upcoming Winter Season. We hope you grant us another opportunity to give you the "Wow!" factor during a future stay.

Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Excellent location. Very nice place to stay. Was disappointed that the indoor pool was NOT heated, guess I should have read it more carefully. The water in the pool was way too cold for me and some of the other adults I was speaking to, but it did not seem to bother the kids that were in it. Really enjoyed my stay but, as with most beachfront locations, the price is a little high in my opinion. Having said that, I would still consider staying here again if I return to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write a review of our hotel.Thank you for pointing out that the water temperature in the pool was a little on the chilly side. We were not aware of this, and we have hopefully made it more enjoyable for all. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and would be thrilled to have you back next year.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

In this Hotel , suites are spacious, the breakfast is excellent, the AC is not the best , for the service they should do little bit better .............................................................

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ahmed B
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. We apologize for your inconvenience of your A/C not being at its best. Your satisfaction is very important to us and your constructive comments regarding other issues are appreciated. We will be happy to welcome you again when in Virginia Beach.