“affordable and family friendly”

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
va
“affordable and family friendly”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

this is the second time my family and i have stayed here. We like the location its not far from the action but its far enough that you don't have the large crowds right outside your door.The staff has always been friendly and our room has been clean The free breakfast is great you have your cereals and your breads and fresh fruit.The popcorn is also free in lobby and if its out all you have do to is ask and they will get you some.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We forgot to set our clocks ahead the night before (Time Change 3/13/10). Since we thought it was 10 am and not 11am...the maid was sooooo rude and apparently this hotel turns your water off at check out. We were not able to even brush our teeth! We had a four hour drive home and with no shower, it was miserable. It would have been somewhat understand (the rude maid , not the water) if it was tourist season. It is a 9 story and there were only a 20 or so cars in the parking lot when we left at 11:15am. Would not have hurt this hotel to allow us to at least taken a shower and brushed our teeth!! Not like there tons of people ready to check in ....in March!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
sales_manager, manager at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 24 March 2010
I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you about your recent visit with us. I do know that with the day light saving time change that happened that weekend we should have been more understanding of the possibilities of that happening. We have gotten with our Executive Housekeeper on how we should respond to those situations. In reference to the water issue we had a water pipe that burst and we had to shut the water down in order to repair it. We did wait until after 11 that morning in order to do so, that way all of our checkouts for the day would not be inconvenienced by this. Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenenience and do hope that you give us another try so that you can see our true hospitality.

Jack Wilson
Front Office Manager
Surfside Inn and Suites
Selbyville, Delaware
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Went to view light on display on boardwalk. Hotel has great location, with nice amenities. Beds a little harder than normal. Not pet friendly.

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2009

my 9 year old son and I decided we just wanted to get away for the weekend ,we werent looking for anything in particular. just so long as the place was warm and had a pool .as soon as we entered the hotel, my son was in awe. the lobby had a pond,trees and flowers,and hugh fish tanks. we were greeted by 2 smiley desk clerks,they both mad us feel comfortable the rate was great and they had an indoor heated pool.SOLD!! the room over looked the ocean and the holiday lights.beautiful!! my son will probably never forget his stay. .their resturant was closed but.it wasnt hard for us to find dinner.breakfast was free,clean and well stocked with enough to choose from to be satisfied check out was a breeze and every one in the hotel we very nice to us,kinda like the family feel.my son and i will stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Front Royal Va
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I orginally found this hotel by accident a few years ago. From my very first stay to the last one..I love the Surfside! I stay there 2-3 times a year. On each of my visits I found the staff to be extremly helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and I am a tough one to please. when I go into a hotel room I look for problems. Not with the surfside...after my 1st visit I know the room is clean and I have nothing to worry about. I love the view, the location, the pool is great and enjoyable after a day at the beach. They have 2 great resturants, one that is a seafood buffet that is fantanstic, I eat there 2-3 times a yr. and another resturant that you can order from the menu. The food is great and well priced. They a breafast bar with fresh fruit, bagels, donuts, ceral etc. more than enough to get you started on your day. I just can't say enough about the sufside. I've told all my friends and family and when ever I go to Va beach I always stay there. I feel its my home away from home.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
sales_manager, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 October 2009
Thank you so much! We love our guest and some become like family. Please call me, personally for your next reservation. I would love to meet you.
West Virginia
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My husband & I stayed at the hotel for an entire week. We were with a group so we had already paid and were kind of stuck! Otherwise, we would have left the minute we saw the room! The elevators did not work properly the entire week, the vending area, ice machine, hallways AND room was filthy. They advertised that the hotel was newly renovated but to our surprise, it must have been in the early 80s!!! Our room (including bathroom, frig, room and deck) had spider webs and needed a good detail cleaning. We tried to stay out of our room most of time because of the filth even when we needed a well deserved afternoon nap - we went to beach for it. The parking garage had VERY small spaces. Some of our friends got their vehicles damaged while parked there with no one leaving a note and there are no cameras for these types of accidents. The hotel does not care about that and should make their spaces larger. The housekeepers were very friendly but the front desk help and the general manager, Jan was very rude! The location of the hotel was great. Weather was great and the beach is wonderful! However, we definately would NOT return to this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone at any time of the year regarless how may in your party!!! There are alot of choices of hotels and accomodations at this beautiful beach that you would be happier with. Shop around!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank siroscar
massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2009

The only good thing about this place is the location. Three of us spent 7 nights here and we tried to stay around as little as possible. We paid an average of $200 a night for a standard 2 bed room, we expected better. The place is filthy. All the carpet needs to be replaced madly. Walls and wood work repainted. To the door to our room, big chunks of paint had been peeled. Spider webs adorned the lights, rolls of dust were at all corners, beer botle cap found under the bed. Only the middle was vacuumed, small vacuum tools need to be used. The minute we left the elevator at the 6th floor, we wanted to go back and demand our money. Management should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family