Our in-laws visit Virginia Beach every summer and have stayed at the Oceanfront Inn for the past few years. We decided to visit this past July and the rates were cheaper than some of the surrounding hotels. The hotel is average but it is in a prime location. The lobby was small but the staff was friendly and helpful. Parking can be difficult if the lot is full but I was lucky to get a spot in the main lot. There is a small parking garage right across the street for overflow. The lobby is small and elevators are old but they do the job. There is an indoor pool but located on the Atlantic Ave side...would have loved it if it were outdoor or located on the beach side.
The rooms were average...most have balconies with amazing views of the beach, ocean and boardwalk. The rooms have small bathrooms, comfy beds, great air conditioning, a flat-screen tv, refrigerator and microwave along with an open closet, set of drawers, desk/chair and arm chair. There are sliding glass doors that open to the balcony where you will find two chairs and enough railing space to hang your wet towels.
There is one restaurant on site with indoor and partial outdoor seating. The outdoor area is covered but when the weather is good the walls have huge openings for views of the boardwalk and beach. We had drinks one evening and they were good and reasonably priced. Another evening we had the buffet which included some american food, lots of seafood, sushi and crab legs. The food was good but the buffet was a little pricey if you don't love seafood.
There isn't a gift shop on site, but there were two conveniently located across the street. Plus there are tons of options along Atlantic Ave for anything you may need including food, beer, wine, etc... Across the street on Pacific Ave there was a place, Murphy's Pub. Such a convenient location and great place for some drinks at the end of the night.
Back to location...great for beach access. If you are in the main lot, leave your umbrellas, chairs, etc... in the car. So much easier than bringing everything to the room. On the side of the lot, there is a walkway right down to the beach. We'd bring our stuff down in the morning and return it to the car when we were done at the beach. The hotel is just a quick walk up from the beach so restroom access is convenient...just don't forget your room key...you need it to access the bathroom. The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, but there is also a stop right outside the hotel for the bus that runs up and down Atlantic Avenue.
The only downfall was the rooms are not very soundproof. We had many families on our floor and you could hear a lot of noise. Granted...not the hotels fault (I blame the guests for their lack of common courtesy) but could be irritating if you have rowdy guests near you.
Overall, we would stay at the Oceanfront Inn if we visited Virginia Beach again. The price was right and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront resort area, within 1.5 miles from the Virginia Beach Convention Center and 12.5 miles away from the local airport, The Oceanfront Inn is an ideal location for business and vacationing travelers. Right on the beach, The Oceanfront Inn offers you the ideal location to relax and enjoy all Virginia Beach offers, from nearby free seasonal events and concerts to delicious dining outlets and unique shops and attractions. Completed 2011 renovations include updated lobby, enhanced WiFi, expanded cable and updated guestrooms feature new wallpaper, new bedspreads and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Inn Virginia Beach