The Oceanfront Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Econo Lodge on the Ocean(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Neptune Park Inn(Virginia Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Oceans 2700 Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsneptune restaurantindoor poolseafood buffetacross the streetprivate balconygreat rateneptune statuevisit va beachfront desk staffgreat oceanfronthotel is in a great locationsliding doorflat screen tvsummer vacationview of the oceanwater pressurerestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We checked in on July 1 2013. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was good to do what they could to keep rooms clean. Love that all the rooms were oceanfront. We liked being right on the Boardwalk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel was a draw for us because it sits on the boardwalk and all rooms have ocean views and balconies so we knew we wouldn't get that weird room facing something boring. That's right about where the positive ends.

This morning when I went to get in the shower someone's pubes were stuck to the back wall. When i leaned over the side of the bed there were little food crumbs on the floor. The carpet needs serious help as does the curtains - the lining on ours has little holes all through it.

We were only there for one night and found most of this stuff in the A.M., so we didn't ask for a new room. Had we stayed there longer we would have but I can't say that i'm confident we would have gotten a room that was actually clean.

I'm pretty sure the staff knows the hotel is neglected. When we checked out the woman at the desk just asked us for our room keys and what room number we were in and said "you're all set".

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mandisha24
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I checked into the the Oceanfront on May 30 2013.
The staff was great and so was the location. Housekeeping could do a little better job but it is a solid 3 from me. The rooms all overlook the beach and the boardwalk it right there. The beach is wide and there is a shower right in front of the property. The Oceanfront has a restaurant but I only had breakfast there and it was fine but it is also next door to the Hilton which has great food. Shopping is nearby as well as several places to eat. I would say that it is a good choice for both family and Group travel. The beds were comfortable, so I got a good night sleep and for me this is big because I am on the road all the time.

Room Tip: go higher in the building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal if you want to be on the boardwalk, and the view was great. However, the rooms are in no way soundproof - I heard doors banging during the night, people stomping upstairs, and water running through the plumbing. I opened the sliding door at night to get the background noise of the ocean, which helped (on that note, it would be nice for them to have a screen door in addition to the slider). The rooms are very average and look a little worn. Breakfast next door (which was included in our package) was decent. All in all, not a bad stay - but if you are a light sleeper, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucieLM
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the second year in a row my wife and I stayed at the Oceanfront Inn. We really like the location of the Inn, it is within walking distance of some of our favorite places and the music on he holiday weekend. The restaurant at the hotel is very good, we had breakfast vouchers for each morning and the meals got us off to a great start each day. The pool indoor pool was heated but had several teenagers splashing and being loud so we only got to take advantage of the pool for about an hour. Housekeeping was by each day and kept us well supplied. The drawbacks we found for the OI was the noise from other rooms and I mean NOISE! Children running up and down the hall, yelling and banging something on the floor in the hall. Carts going up and down the hallway in the mornings did not allow for a light sleeper to snooze. The rooms of course show their age, worn carpet,cracked plastic along the tub, dusty and somewhat dingy throughout. The small refrigerator did not work at all but we did not use it during our stay and only discovered it on our last night there (when we could have used it.) The WIFI service was at times painfully slow. Some hotels check on the guests a few hours after check-in but not here....maybe would have been nice to have done so and we may have caught the nonworking frige. Parking at the door is limited and you may have to park in the garage across the street.
We stayed here because the price was lower than most oceanfront hotels and the location is good for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple