“Best Vacation EVER!!!”

Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Vacation EVER!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This was the BEST vacation ever. Hotel staff, especially young guy at front desk, was very accommodating. He went out of his way to please. Nice hotel, clean room, GREAT view, good price. Could not have asked for anything better! Had so much fun that we will be coming back this weekend!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
frequentfryer
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The hotel served its purpose for us as it provided a base for us to travel round and it would be in a good place for you if you want to go clubbing (which we didn't!). The beach is beautiful and the balcony (and picture window) look out over the sea facing east. When I arrived I noticed unpleasant stains on the bedcover. I went downstairs and asked for it to be replaced while we were out. When I returned to the hotel I saw a clean cover had been placed (well, more like dumped) on the bed. I found the reception staff sullen, uninformative and unresponsive. It said in the booklet in the room that mail for posting could be given to reception - I took down some postcards - the staff did not seem to be aware that this service was offered, and he was pretty dismissive. The hotel has lifts, a pool (we didn't use it, but others did) and a restaurant. Breakfast isn't included, but we went to the restaurant for an evening meal, the food was OK but pretty expensive. Waiting staff was pleasant and friendly. All in all an OK hotel for the money, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer than the 3 nights we booked in for. The walls were a bit thin, and I could hear everything going on next door.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
winchester
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I have no complaints about our stay. The hotel was comfy with a great location. The staff was great and the pool was nice and warm.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
NEWPORT NEWS
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I organized a trip with 5 girl friends for a birthday celebration weekend. We selected this hotel for its location, amenities and price. We were not disappointed. Having the fridge in the room was a bonus we enjoyed. We would have liked larger, more comfy beds and a nicer restaurant but sleep was not what we came for and there are many good restaurants in the area to choose from. The staff was attentive and the hotel was clean and well priced. We especially liked being oceanfront and watching the people walking on the boardwalk from our balcony.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
DelCo, PA
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Clean, reasonable, great location, great view, great service. Excellent value for the money. My only disappointment is the fact that when we reserved, In no fault of the hotel, the only rooms availble were the rooms with full sized beds. In my opinion, they are too small, and way too soft for a good night sleep. Please know, that even though I'm disappointed, they still weren't bad enough that i wouldn't go back. I would, however, do my best to get a room with a larger bed.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I've now stayed at this hotel twice, each time for several days at a stretch. I came back because of the location, the beautiful views and the economical price. But it is something of a case "you get what you pay for." My visit this last time was more problematic. Upon arrival, figuring that since it's the dead of winter I could have my pick of rooms, I requested one on an upper floor, as I find that it's generally quieter when you're on a top level room. I was granted one on the 6th floor. Overall cleanliness is pretty good & I found the beds suitable. However my internet connection bottomed out in the evening & never came back. The front desk informed me that that's what happens when you're on a higher level floor, that I was welcome to hang out in the lobby where the signal would be better. I really wished that they would've told me that when I checked in!
The next morning, I switched to a lower level floor & from there on out had little difficulty with the internet connection. Since we had a bad storm, I spent one whole afternoon confined to my room & was pretty disappointed with the selection of tv channels on offer. Unless you like sports & crappy sitcom reruns, there was little quality & substance on offer. Another big drawback for me was that housekeeping would come very early, pounding on my door. I think she was there between 8 & 9am. Originally I'd planned to check out that day, but decided to stay one more day because of the storm. The housekeeper whined to me that she thought I was leaving. I had everything all set up to my liking & didn't feel I needed housekeeping, so when she asked if I wanted service, I said, "no thanks, everything's great." But she kept on at me, not taking no for an answer. I don't appreciate feeling bullied and had to argue with her, that like I said originally, I was fine. What part of "no thanks, I'm good" isn't clear? Anyway, a couple of the towels in the bathroom had frayed edges, which might bother some people, but as long as they're clean, I'm ok with it.
And last but not least, both times I've stayed there I've dealt with a couple front desk people who were borderline hostile. I have to say, most of the people who work there that I interacted with were polite & friendly, but there are a couple of bad seeds. When I went to check out, I asked if I could apply a AAA discount & was met with brusqueness & an icy stare. She said she'd give it to me but scolded me that I should've said something about it when I checked in. I was too tired to defend myself & explain that I was exhausted when I checked in after a long drive & suffer from a rare genetic disorder that makes my blood pressure crash when I overdo it, so I just responded, "yes, ma'am."
There are plenty of hotels available along the ocean. I love Virginia Beach, it's absolutely gorgeous & I'll be returning frequently but this was the last time I'll stay at Oceanfront Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Stayed in room 712, a King, for two nights. The seasonal Heated Pool was GREAT. We arrived on Friday night. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and the heat worked great. The fridge was off but cooled quickly. TV and Internet worked well. The King Bed was wonderful. The sliding Glass door to the balcony was closed for the winter, good thing, the wind blew heavy for 2 days.
We knew there was going to be a snow storm that night and boy did we get a surprise on Saturday morning. Snow and more Snow. Went down early and was told that the cleaning staff was unable to get in. The Desk person got us lots of towels and such. We were very pleased with how the staff treated us.
We went to Breakfast at "Jewish Mother Restaurant". It was better than wonderful. Saturday is buy one omelette and get the second one free. Drinks a not cheap but this is a Beach town.
The Heated Pool was a nice treat. We came for the weekend to swim and watch the sea. Virginia Beach usually doesn't get snow. But this weekend was the most snow in 20 years, so the newspaper headlines stated.
Next time we will do the Whale Trip.
We love to get out several times during the winter to a Hotel with a Heated Pool. This is now our place to come in Virginia Beach

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple