“Customer Service”
Review of The Oceanfront Inn

The Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2010

As a travel writer, I like to submit questions through a variety of mediums prior to my stay. I called and received an informed and thorough response from the front desk clerk. I also submitted a different set of questions via email but have not received a response. This is despite the website claim that someone will respond within 72 hours. I submitted the questions 5 days ago. Not a big deal in this time of multimedia but it may make a difference to some travelers.
I'm scheduled to stay at the Oceanfront Inn on 6/28 so I'll update my review. I'll also provide the name of our website and blog so readers can see our review of this hotel. We also provide a compare/contrast with other hotels in the vicinity. I listed the hotel as average since a rating must be given but as I noted, I will provide an update.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed 26 June 2010

The Oceanfront Inn is an excellent choice for Virginia Beach. It is very well located and is convenient to all the activities. The rooms are simple and clean. All are ocean front view. The restaurant is OK. The staff is excellent and friendly. The hotel is very well run. Parking is good. One drawback are the beds. They are a bit hard and unforgiving. If you are a large person, you might have trouble with the sink counter top in the bathroom. It is very close to the 'landing approach' to the toilet. I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2010

All rooms have ocean views - walk right to the beach, which made it worth the $150/night price. Staff was friendly, and you can walk to almost everything.

Only bad points were the shower was low flow - only a trickle of water which made it hard to wash. No breakfast included and the hotel restaurant was just OK, but they did make my eggs perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Every year when we go to Virginia Beach, we always stay at Oceanfront Inn. The staff is very friendly and know us by name. It could use some updates but other than that, the place is clean, the housekeeping staff takes very good care of us as we do them. I will always stay here and recommend Oceanfront to everyone. Excellent views of the ocean, very convenient location. Great value and they DO have wireless internet and it works.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This was the BEST vacation ever. Hotel staff, especially young guy at front desk, was very accommodating. He went out of his way to please. Nice hotel, clean room, GREAT view, good price. Could not have asked for anything better! Had so much fun that we will be coming back this weekend!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The hotel served its purpose for us as it provided a base for us to travel round and it would be in a good place for you if you want to go clubbing (which we didn't!). The beach is beautiful and the balcony (and picture window) look out over the sea facing east. When I arrived I noticed unpleasant stains on the bedcover. I went downstairs and asked for it to be replaced while we were out. When I returned to the hotel I saw a clean cover had been placed (well, more like dumped) on the bed. I found the reception staff sullen, uninformative and unresponsive. It said in the booklet in the room that mail for posting could be given to reception - I took down some postcards - the staff did not seem to be aware that this service was offered, and he was pretty dismissive. The hotel has lifts, a pool (we didn't use it, but others did) and a restaurant. Breakfast isn't included, but we went to the restaurant for an evening meal, the food was OK but pretty expensive. Waiting staff was pleasant and friendly. All in all an OK hotel for the money, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer than the 3 nights we booked in for. The walls were a bit thin, and I could hear everything going on next door.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I have no complaints about our stay. The hotel was comfy with a great location. The staff was great and the pool was nice and warm.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family