“Top-Shelf hotel in Virginia Beach”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
“Top-Shelf hotel in Virginia Beach”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

all aspects of the Clarion Inn at 2600 Atlantic Ave. in Virginia Beach are first-rate,top-shelf and highly recommended by this world traveler...although not an oceanfront hotel,the whole experience was a pleasure...staff is highly attentive...looks you right in the eye when responding to any question...beds were clean and comfortable with two kinds of pillows to choose for just the right comfort...probably the cleanest hotel I've ever been in (the highly-praised Sofitel in Paris was in fact, dirty)...a true bonus was the full breakfast that even had espresso (are you listening Sofitel) that wasn't an extra cost !!! all things considered, a truly great hotel !!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Victor, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Virginia Beach for a little vacation. After searching for the right hotel for hours, this one had everything I needed! I was willing to give up not having a balcony or being oceanfront (once you've seen one ocean, you've seen them all) and I would barely be in the room for that matter. The staff was awesome and gave great recommendations to activities that were going on (Air Show and some American Idol guy was signing somewhere for free, we didn't go) and the location was in walking distance to EVERYTHING on Atlantic Ave. I loved that there was a free breakfast buffet in the morning with your standard breakfast foods (the grits were nasty) and the room has a little microwave and fridge which was perfect for some adult beverages and leftovers! There is a restaurant on site, but it's an All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet, but I was scared and didn't try it :) If you go on the weekend, there is a Tiki Bar next to the pool that serves alcohol, but we went in the middle of the week so it wasn't open. I highly recommend staying in this hotel if you don't care about seeing the ocean when you wake up, I would rather save $100/night and get free amenities like parking and breakfast any day!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get there a little before your check in time, there is parking, but it can fill up qui...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kirsten Y
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you were able to see the great value in our property compared to other hotels in the area! Are room size is larger than most and with the free breakfast.....what more could you ask for? We look forward to be your home away from home while in Virginia Beach and we look forward to your next visit!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was my first experience staying in a Clarion Hotel. This facility and the guest room suites were clean and well maintained. The double-queen bed room provided ample space for our family of four; however, the bathroom was small and a bit cramped. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. Having a hot breakfast included in the fee and a modestly appointed exercise room was a plus. Pool was relatively small but with the ocean and boardwalk literally across the street from the property, it was just fine. We would recommend this property to others and we would stay there again. It was a great bargain compared to the other options available.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracey A
Thank you for your kind words. Nothing makes us happier than to know from our guests that we doing a great job! We look farward to your next visit with us!
Dumfries, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was extremely disappointed to book this hotel since the staff noted it was Oceanfront, this hotel is not on the oceanfront, you could barely see the ocean View from the window because of the Holiday Inn Express is what is in front of it. The Holdiay Inn Express is Oceanfront and all the rooms have balconies overlooking the beach. The Clarion staff was deceiving and the service and cleaninless of this hotel was not good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Fernando:

I apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred during your reservation process. Upon choosing our discription for the hotel we carefully selected phrases that state our convienence to the beach but show that we are not oceanfront. The front page of our website says "Get away to the Virginia Beach oceanfront at the luxurious Clarion Inn & Suites® hotel, just steps away from the beach. The hotel is directly across the street from The Boardwalk and its many shops, restaurants and entertainment, as well as the Virginia Beach Convention Center." We do have rooms with partial ocean views but we are across from the Holiday and our pricing structure reflects a large difference between the rate at an oceanfront hotel vs. our hotel across the street.

We will revisit our discriptions to see if we can make them more clear. We truly did not intend to be deceiving in any way. As far as the housekeeping issues I am not sure of the issues you had but I would love to discuss the nature of the problems incurred. You may call me directly at 757-961-8459. We are very proud of our hotel and would welcome any suggestions you may have on how we can make your stay better.
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is my second time staying in this hotel, and I really enjoyed it. Staff was friendly, breakfast was pretty good. Rooms were clean, and beds very comfortable. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank martha b
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Your kind words are appreciated. I am glad that you are such a loyal customer. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed here with 5 of my girlfriends for 3 nights. The people at the front desk as well as housekeeping were friendly and helped us with any of our requests. When I first got there, the room key I was given was to a room that had not been completely made up for guests. When I told the front desk, they just gave me a brand new, spotless room, which I thought was very nice. They always gave us extra towels and cups since we were 6 people. They have a relatively small but nice pool with an attached little bar/cafe. We didn't go there so I can't comment on the quality. Great location, 1 block from the beach, 4 blocks from the Hilton, and everything else was nearby as well. Oh and really comfy beds!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lindsey K
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
I am so happy you had a great girls weekend! Thank you for your kind words. We are proud of our hotel and I glad you had a great stay here!
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We booked a room at the last minute. This was the only available hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The room and bathroom was clean. The room was a decent size, the bathroom was on the small size. The front desk staff was awesome! They were very friendly and accommodating, since we did not have any toiletries, they supplied us with complimentary personal items.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Selectraveler
Thank you for your kind review. i am glad you had a great stay! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!