“Clean Hotel”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our 2 days stop by visit after DC. We arrived at 3 pm and check in
was quick, and found the rooms as seen on the pictures. Staff was great, justin at front desk was very courteous and helpful. The pricing $ 178 was a bit over priced, but it is SUMMER. the location is great, the beach is just across the street. Free breakfast and free parking is a plus.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Would not add points to my choice privileges because I booked through Expedia. This hotel messed up my reservation. We reserved a king sofa bed thru Expedia. Upon arrival we were sent to a room with no sofabed. Called to complain. We were switched to a second room which also did not have a sofa bed. Third room had two queens and a sofabed. That was resolved. The first day the room was not cleaned until 5 pm and that was after much complaining. We never had towels or toilet paper. The same thing happened the second day. I asked to speak to a manager and a manager never returned my call. I was told I could not receive any sort of refund because I booked through Expedia. I'm contacting Choice hotels corporate office because that's bull. I'm not satisfied so I need some sort of refund

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sugarbaby815
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our family of four stayed the week of 7/15. we had a great stay. The staff was wonderful. Abraham at the front desk did a terrific job with any and all of our accomadting. The housekeeping staff was superior. We enjoyed breakfast each morning in the breakfast area. Yes it is a bit small but we quickly figured out we needed to get down a little earlier in the mornings. Once we did this we had no problems getting a seat. We spent a couple of evenings out on the pool/patio area. This was a really nice feature. Our room was plenty big enough for all of us, even with two adults and two teenagers. This was a great vacation trip with only a 3 minute walk to the beach. When we checked in our room was upgraded to an ocean view. This was totally unexpected and completely awesome. No the view wasn't a complete view of the ocean but, since we are from Ohio the partial view was 100% more ocean view than we have at home! When we visit Virginia Beach again we will certainly stay at Clarion again.

Room Tip: If Internet is an absolute must for you ask to check the service in your room before you check in. O...
Reviewed 22 July 2012

First of all, it is not ocean front, because the Hilton is in the way of the beach. The first day I checked into the hotel and got a nice room, but the A/C was as loud as an airplane. I switched rooms, days later someone moved into the room next to mine with an absurd amount of noise and I complained about three times until the both lazy looking receptionist and cop at least spoke to the people. There is free breakfast, but barely any room to sit because everything fills up quickly and the food is not good. There is only one elevator, so you have to wait a long while until you can get on it.The bartender near the pool brings you over one plate of food and expects a tip from just that. I received no help when asking for an umbrella outside the pool, had to move the big thing by myself. The gym has four machines, which is nothing and all of the ice machines were broken except the one on the 5th floor, so every time you wanted ice, have fun going up a few floors. Finally, the cleaning ladies barely clean, even after asking them to at least give some extra toilet paper. The only thing that was good about this hotel was the pool. Other than that, I strongly recommend you DO NOT book this one. I left my vacation thoroughly angry.

Room Tip: Just book a different hotel.
1  Thank jkerrrsz
Reviewed 21 July 2012

From Jennifer in sales to front desk and a special shout out to Housekeeping who shoveled ten pounds of beach sand from my son's bathing suit everyday! Couldn't have selected a better location. True professionals in hospitality from top to bottom. Thank you, We'll be back! Can't get higher praise than that!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I booked this hotel and got an AWESOME rate because I'm a Choice employee, and happened to see that an employee discount was available (which NEVER happens at a beach in the Summer). My family and I hadn't been to Va Beach in years, but we decided to come this Summer. This hotel was really, really nice and we all enjoyed it so much. We were used to staying a little further back on Pacific Blvd. so therefore, it was a treat to be able to step out of our hotel and walk either left or right to the stores. The beach is right across the street, so it was not difficult to carry my beach chair and umbrella across lots of busy streets.

Our hotel room was very large, and for the first time EVER, I slept on the sleeper sofa which was actually comfortable. Other that I slept on would have me sore for days. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom is a little small, but it was clean and well stocked everyday. Our housekeeper, Julia, was wonderful. She has a great personality and always made sure that we had what we needed.

The swimming pool was a decent size, and it has a bar right next to it. I was just a little disappointed that there was no hot tub, but oh well!! Breakfast was really good and they had a large variety to choose from. The breakfast area is VERY small, so we always took our food back to our room. I do wish that there was more than one elevator. Sometimes it would be about 10+ people on my floor waiting, and half would have to wait for the first half to use it. Not a big deal though. As you walk around the hotel, you will always see someone making sure the floor is clean and dry as well as making sure everything else is clean and orderly. I will more than likely be visiting this hotel again soon...especially if I can get my employee discount =)

1  Thank MissCoyia85
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My son and I stayed here for the week of July 4th and I was pleasantly surprised! I got an ocean view room on the 5th floor and was pleased at how spacious it was and how great of a view we had. The front desk and housekeeping staffs were very pleasant and accommodating (props to Justin for his friendly and professional demeanor!). The parking is free and even on this busy beach week, I always found a parking space. The room was extremely clean, the beds were comfortable and we were supplied with down and down-alternative pillows on each bed. The continental breakfast was fabulous (eggs, sausage, biscuits, fresh fruit, etc) but the space to sit and eat is VERY limited. We ended up taking our food poolside or back to our room.
There are only two things that I had issue with: The wireless connection was spotty and I had to call an 800 number provided by the front desk whenever it wasn't working. The second issue is the pool..it is very small and the poolside area is also very small. There were 2 or 3 umbrella tables at the pool and then an upper deck with a few. If you want to lay by the pool, you and your belongings will get wet, your chair is literally at the side of the pool. And because the pool itself is so small, it seemed to get dirty very fast.
But overall, its a great place to stay. I highly recommend it and will stay there again.

Room Tip: An oceanview room is definitely worth the extra money.
2  Thank Kimberly R