Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Seahawk(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Oceans 2700 Hotel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge on the Ocean(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Blue Marlin Motel(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssurf baracross the streetrooms are hugeatlantic avetwo queen bedsshort walk to the beachpool sideview of the oceanfront desk staffmini fridgefree breakfasta great place to staysitting areafloor roomthe entire staffcoffee makerkirsten
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were lucky to get one room for one day on very short notice. the 2 queen beds room were surprisingly large as other reviews said. Room was very elegant, nicely decorated w/pleasing colors and furnishing. Bathroom was not big but clean and nice hot shower made it enjoyable! Complimentary breakfast was surprisingly elaborate w/everything you can think of. Nothing too healthy like whole grain break or waffle but your average white flower, white pastry fare. Plenty of juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, etc. Room and corridors were clean. Beds were very comfy w/fluffy pillows. We had a 2nd floor room and it was very quiet for sleeping. Very happy and satisfied w/our 1 day stay. Will probably stay here again if we come to the Beach area.

Room Tip: higher floors you can get a full ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie d
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Clarion Inn. The hotel is well maintained and clean. Our room consisted of two queen beds, a sofa area, flat screen tv, mini fridge, and ice cold air conditioning. The front desk also provided us with a crib for our baby, free of charge. The bathroom is rather small, but not a big deal. The decor looked rather new and was tastefully done. We used a coupon upon check in from one of the hotel magazines we picked up from a rest area in Virginia and saved a decent amount. The staff was very friendly- from maintenance to hostess to bartender. However, it did seem that the hospitality dept. was understaffed. It took most of the afternoon to get towels and wash clothes. Too long in fact that we would just meet the staff down the hallway to switch out towels for new ones and empty our trash. Our room wasn't touched the entire time we were there. I did hear a staff member mention that there were a lot of call offs. In summary...the pros...clean, great complimentary hot breakfast, location across the street from the beach, friendly staff, value, and the pool bar was great! Better orange crush here than at Waterman's...no joke! Also, $2 large Tecate cans was a nice find. The cons....understaffed hospitality department, slow elevator, the entire property only has 2 luggage carts which means multiple trips down the slow elevator, check in can take a while, and that's about it...

Overall good time at the property, we left pleased with our stay here. Definitely an option when we come back next year.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank NittanyMan
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Place is laid out strangely. Packed with people everywhere you turn. Pool is jam packed. Would not ever consider staying at the oceanfront during the season again. It's not just this hotel it's the oceanfront in general.

There was loud Noise all night long when we called the front desk to bring it to their attention- they were quite rude. There were too many people waiting for breakfast. Just not the best experience. Parking was easy- which was nice, the actual room was nice- it was clean, but We won't be back.

Whenever I see a place like this with so many good reviews I always question the source and the reliability. this place is definitely not 4 stars. The only reason I would give 3 stars is because I'm not sure where any hotel on the oceanfront would be much better. I'm writing this review while a fire alarm someone pulled blares on at 2AM from our room here at the clarion. I'm too old for this.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank jenniwren382
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here 4th of July weekend 2013 for 3 nights using reward points. Typically we stay at another Choice hotel right on the boardwalk but I wanted to try something different further up the boardwalk and with more room. With 3 kids, we spend to spend a little more time in our rooms than I'd like but that's life with children. This hotel certainly met the larger room requirement. With 5 people, we had tons of room and weren't crawling over each other like we were in the comparably-priced room we stay at last year. Room was large (and looked to be newly renovated - in possibly last 24 months) and pretty clean. Bathroom was fairly small but clean. Comes with an in-room safe - just don't let the kids play with it - they're mess up the combination! :) All staff from front desk to housekeeping was friendly. If you don't mind not being right on the boardwalk, this is a good alternative. It's right across the street. Our room faced the ocean - but it's an obstructed view. That said, you can still see the beach somewhat between buildings. Small Tiki bar by the outdoor pool which was nice in the evening. Bar closes at 10pm. Several miniature golf places within walking distance. Free parking is a little tight but there is an overflow lot (also free for hotel guests) next door. However, the overflow lot was is adjacent to another restaurant. Non-hotel guests (obviously had been drinking) hanging in the area. Felt a little uncomfortable leaving the minivan there but didn't feel we were in any real danger. Breakfast was one of the better ones we've had at Choice Hotels. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The Choice Hotels reservation line screwed up our reservation - I had asked for a sofa sleeper but the sofa was not a sleeper and the hotel had no rollaways remaining (busy 4th of July weekend). This was not the hotel's fault. Good experience and no real complaints but the family decided they liked being right on the beach next to the board walk better. It's more convenient and nicer view even if it is more cramped.

Room Tip: Limited on-site parking especially on weekends. Park in the overflow lot if you have to then check back for an open space later and move your car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tvpromo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My brother and I were looking for an affordable hotel on the oceanfront for a sort of "staycation". We were very pleased when we found that the Clarion had rooms available. Both of us stayed in one room, which didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would, because the room was quite spacious. I loved the bar, and the bartender (Lenar?) was very pleasant. We also enjoyed the pool. Although our view of the ocean was only slight, it was refreshing. The morning after we checked in, a housekeeper, I believe her name was Misty, knocked on the door and asked if I would be needing full service today, or if I would just like towels. I told her I was sitiing in the room doing some work, but I wouldn't be in the way if she could go ahead and do the full service. She said that wouldn't be a problem and proceeded to gather the dirty towels and trash. She was very friendly and we carried on conversation the entire time she cleaned my room. It was very thurough, and didn't take longer than 15-20 minutes. We also asked the front desk about any good seafood places around, and they were very helpful. Overall , my brother and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013