“Worth $20 a night, NOT $100 a night!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center

Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
Ranked #51 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Worth $20 a night, NOT $100 a night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

First of all this place advertises that they are close to the beach, but in face you need a taxi to get to the beach. My boyfriend and cheaked in and paid $230 for 2 nights, I expected a rather nice hotel room. But to my surpise, its very worn down, rust, and a shower that I didn't want to be barefoot in. The best part of the hotel was the bartender. He was wonderful! The front desk people are not informed on the hotel at all and it was so out of there way to find out simple things for us like resturant hours. By far the worst thing about this hotel is their room service hours. They do NOT serve room service during the day on the WEEKENDS! I am on vacation, I would like to sleep in and order breakfast. So I called downstairs to find out our other options and I was tolld that if I wanted I can come downstairs and get so pizza delivery menus. Are you kidding. So much more to say but in a nut shell don't stay here...pay the extra and go somewhere nicer or pay $50 somewhere else and get the same accomidations.

2 Thank holly1788

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in..
I was quite embarassed as I assured my partner it was gonna be perfect.
There we're things almost growing out of the really noisy air conditioner grates..
Full of dirt and peeling paint.
The room was awful..a groung level dark place facing the busy highway..
Lousy desk service ..so unhelpful and almost unwilling..
We had no idea where we were in relation to virginia beach and norfolk and they did'nt help us nor did they have a map.
We just had to order taxis for even basic things that were just around the corner because we didnt know where we were in relation to anything..
Arrived back in the bar at 2305 for a night cap to be told it was closed..no residends privelege..Come on ...
Smoking was encouraged in the bar which was very open to the non despricpt lobby.
The hotel is also adjacent to a crazy high way which is busy all day and night.
We would never stay here again..just plain awful

Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mike2950
Manassas, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is just a 6 minute drive to downtown Va Beach / boardwalk area. It is located in a quite area very close to all kinds of shopping/bars/restaurants. Beautiful hotel for a fraction of the cost of the hotels near the beach and much nicer. There is a fabulous restaurant and bar in the beautiful lobby. The only disappointment was the hot tub in the pool area was out of service.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
travelallover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Virginia Beach and it was wonderful all of the staff was great from the moment I entered the hotel. The front desk was so friendly they printed me out directions to some local restaurants and even gave me a upgrade for being a prority club member I enjoyed this hotel and will stay with them the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

The rooms have old, chipped furniture and depressing lighting. The air conditioning is loud and insufficient. The carpeting is so thin you can feel the cement under your feet. Altogether a miserable stay. We checked out after one day and found a hotel closer to the beach for less money and with far superior accommodations. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Patty098
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband and I were not sure about staying so far away from the Virginia Beach resort area but we really couldn't spend $200 a night for a room. We booked through Priceline for $80/night and it was well worth it. Although it was a 10 minute drive to the ocean we really didn't mind and there were many good places to eat close by in Town Center. We were actually given a VIP suite (I don't know how that happened) but the room was a bit larger with a king bed and fridge and microwave (which actually came in handy a few times). You can tell that the rooms and bathrooms have been updated with some areas being more updated than others, especially the bathtub, but we did not mind that. We did not eat at the restaurant but they had coffee conveniently located each morning for us to pick up on the way out. All in all it is not the best hotel but definately worth it if you are on a budget and still want to get to the Virginia beach area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Linred17
Kew Gardens, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

While in town for a friend's wedding, I stayed 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza with friends. We had two double beds and a cot. I wasn't expecting much from the cot, but it was another double bed unto itself, which was great, despite making the room a bit of a tight squeeze. One of my first experiences in the hotel room though was finding a booger -- yes, an unmistakable one -- in a folded towel. I was pretty horrified but the front desk was friendly and graciously replaced the towels (the rest of which were booger-free, thank goodness). The maid service left something to be desired in that she didn't give us replacement toilet paper the first day, and showed up way too early (9 am) to actually clean up the second day.

The pool area looks a bit old and tired, and the hot tub had a low water level and was not very hot, but it was clean enough. If you don't have a car (most people will I imagine), there is a Wendy's and a 7-11 within walking distance, though it does require crossing a fairly busy road with no crosswalk. Room service food was okay, but arrived quickly, and the guy who brought it up was very nice. My top praise for the Crowne Plaza, though, is reserved for the breakfast buffet at the Tines. There was an omelet bar, waffle maker with toppings, grits, sausage, bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, fruit, cereal -- I could live the rest of my life eating nothing but this breakfast buffet. I ate it 3 days in a row and it was definitely one of the high points of my trip. :)

The wireless internet was also very nice and easy to use.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends