“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Palm Bay, Florida
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed her in late December as we were meeting our son who was returning from deployment on the USS Harry S. Truman. We cannot say enough good things about the hotel and the staff! Rooms were comfortable and spacious, and the staff was very helpful. If I ever have a need for a hotel in Va. Beach again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NavyMomNC
, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank You for your comments. We appreciate the special needs of our military families and it is gratifying when we know they enjoyed their stay here. On the behalf of the entire staff, thank you.

Best wishes

Mark Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

provided professional and friendly service through out the visit. facilities were set up and maintained on a constant basis during our conference. job well done!! Savannah (one of the MGRS) took care of us when we had a hiccup during the process. she is a very exceptional Mgr and should be recognized as such..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank itsnotme10
Thank You for kind words regarding Savannah who is one of the superstars here. Your comments are much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again.

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

The Crowne Plaza Norfolk/VA Beach is a pleasant place to stay. The rooms have been upgraded very recently and are comfortable. I always get a king bedroom which comes with a couch which I find handy for watching TV or working on my laptop. The wifi(strong signal) and desk are also good for the business traveler. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. The front desk staff are always pleasant and quick to respond to any questions, needs, or other issues. They are genuinely concerned that you have a good stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the entire staff I thank you and look forward to your return.

Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

I used to live in the area, and haven't been back in about 8 months. I was traveling alone to visit friends. I had shopped around a bit at several hotels in/near Virginia Beach Town Center. This area is home to me, so it's the first time I've ever had to consider a hotel around here. This location is right in the heart of Virginia Beach...so close to everything! It was nice that I could easily get around town without having to drive forever, deal with parking issues, or traffic. I unfortunately had to bring work with me, so the fact that my room has a large desk made things much easier to get a lot accomplished. Can't beat the free internet access...especially because other hotels that were close by charged around $10 a night. The girls at the front desk were great. They answered all of my questions and offered me an extended check out for being a priority club member. It was nice to see a staff that recognized me after my inital check-in and greeted me/smiled whenever they saw me pass by the desk. Even the housekeeping staff smiled whenever I passed them. If you're a Priority Club member, like myself, there were lots of benefits. I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant, but when passing by I can say that the food smelled delicious. I don't have time to travel down that way often, but I don't think I'll ever have to shop around for a hotel again when coming home.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2011
Thank You for your comments. The staff and management of the Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach truly appreciate your patronage. Please let me know next time you are coming back home to us.

Again

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

The customer service was outstanding all around the hotel. Savannah Miller and her staff were standouts in a hotel where everyone seemed to be trying to go the extra mile to make sure that each guest felt at home.

I would definitely love the opportunity to stay there again and would recommend this hotel in the future to all my friends and family when planning a trip to Virginia Beach. Great location, a fantastic health club & pool and a great atmosphere made this a very pleasurable stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for nice comments. It is gratifying to all of us here when guest are satisfied with their temporary home away from home.

Mark
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

My group stayed at the Bonney Road, Crowne Plaza in Virginia Beach and the service was simply the best!

Kudos to the entire staff for making each of us feel special and for doing more than the norm to ensure each of us were comfortable/satisfied.

I would not hesitate calling Crowne Plaza (Kristen Shelton) to coordinate our stay when the opportunity present itself again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Thank You for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach hotel.I will pass on your nice words about Kristen, they are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza your next time time in Virginia Beach.

White Plains
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

We reserved one room at a good rate. When we arrived we sought to obtain two rooms and since the parking lot was empty we figured no problem. We were told that the hotel was virtually empty. However, they could not accommodate us because a large number of people had checked out that day and since nobody was scheduled to check in the rooms were not cleaned. This was a clue that trouble lay ahead. I mean, if the policy was to leave rooms dirty until it was anticipated that the room would be needed, that was not a good sign. We got to our room which included a fold out couch. However, when I unfolded the couch the bed was not made and no sheets were in sight. I called to the front desk to ask that that be taken care of. About three hours later we returned to find two sheets folded and lying on the arm of the couch. True! We made the bed ourselves but still needed pillows and a blanket. I called the front desk and explained what had happened. No apology but blanket and pillows promised. Two hours later I had to call and tell them not to bother since my kids were going to sleep and I didn't want them to be woken if the staff suddenly decided to bring the blanket and pillows at 2:00 am or some such thing. Other than that bathroom was not really clean and the place is worn down. Not what I would normally expect from a Crowne Plaza.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank fingertraveler
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
Thank You for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry you encountered the conditions you mentioned in your review. They are not I assure you the standard at our Crowne Plaza.

We are centrally located to the beach and other locations in the Hampton roads area, it is our wish to keep valued customes such as you coming back.

Please let me know if you are ever in the Virginia Beach area again. I appreaciate it if you would give us another chance to dazzle you.

Thanks