“Modern ALL oceanfront rooms at great rate!”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I am staying at the Ramada on the Beach as I type (pro: free WiFi!), staring out at the beach and boardwalk directly in front of me. This room is everything I had hoped for on a last minute trip to Virginia Beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful, from the valet who greets you as you arrive at the hotel (as parking in front of the hotel is limited to about 40 spots, but valet is complimentary, or you can park a block in front of the hotel in free garage parking), to the front desk staff at registration. When I made the reservation, I had forgotten to apply my AAA card to the booking, and the staff was quick to apply the credit to my reservation. I was even more pleased when I admired the hotel's proximity to the water (it REALLY is on the beach), and when I walked into my room, you could tell it was re-done, from the ladder-esque towel rack in the bathroom (think: Ikea trendy) to the modern and colorful room decor with a fantastic flat-screen TV. The only cons I can report are 1.) parking (if that is an issue for you, but you are just as close to the garage as you are to the water) and 2.) Breakfast was not included in our reservation (but maybe it is for others, I just went with the best rate I could get which came out to under $100. Maybe it's because it is considered the "off-season" here, but the rate was unbeatable, the staff was very friendly, and the restaurant in the hotel, although pricey, served excellent food and service, and if you choose to sit outside, which I highly recommend, you will sit facing a windowless, unadulterated view of the water.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CynthiaJ760

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. I've stayed here before about 6 years ago for the same conference, but found that they had updated all of the rooms since then. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The week I was here they were cleaning all of the hallway carpets and updating/fixing other areas throughout the hotel.
The restaurant in the hotel, Mahi Mah's was wonderful. They have the best Crab Cake appetizer I've ever had. They also ran specials throughout the week. Tuesday was $14.95 Lobster or Prime Rib, Thursday it was BOGO Free entree's.
Everyone that worked here was very pleasant and professional. I had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefanie E
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Considering all the negative reviews I had seen on this hotel, I was not looking forward to stay there for a 3 day conference in late September 2011. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my experience was anything but negative. Upon our arrival, my wife and I were greeted warmly by the staff, and offered free valet parking. It's not really free; you need to tip the valets, but it's available if you want it. The parking deck is a short distance from the hotel, and it's free. I found the hotel to be an older facility, but it is obvious that they have done some upgrades and it looked really good and was clean. All rooms are oceanfront with a balcony, which is really nice. The room was spacious enough for our needs, and all rooms have flat screen TVs. It has one of the most popular restaurants in Virginia Beach on the property, Mahi Mah's. The hotel is on the famous Virginia Beach Boardwalk, a 3 mile long concrete walkway used by walkers, joggers, bikes, inline skates and other types of sports equipment. The Boardwalk has many restaurants, parks and other types of amusements and is a great way to spend the afternoon. My wife and I plan to return to Virginia Beach in the very near future and will definitely stay at Ramada on the Beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I just stayed at the Ramada this past weekend as part of a wedding block of rooms and the experience was dreadful... Once could be fooled by the amazingly talented and friendly front desk staff that you may be in for a great experiene, but as soon as you enter the back hallway for the disgustingly dirty elevators you know you are in for quite a different experience... Our 8th floor room had a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean but the carpet in our bedroom was soaked through from the remnants of Hurricance Irene and the Humidity Level in the room was that of a Rain Forrest Vacation... The bed an linens felt WET ALL NIGHT and we departed immediately the next morning for a new location on Virginia Beach...

Room Tip: In order to choose a good room I would choose a different hotel all together
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graig O
Reviewed 7 September 2011

From the outside we were greeted by the valet parking guys. The front desk ladies were so pleasant. Even, gave us a preference of floors we would prefer. The room was decent and clean. The view from the balcony was absolutely great....we were able to bask in the glory of the ocean, as well as be entertained by the boardwalk patrons. And the restaurant downstairs had a live band outside which was also very entertaining. Their food was good too. They had a buffet breakfast that was very tasty and the food stayed hot.

Overall experience was "Great" AAA

Room Tip: The lower the floor the more you are able to experience the overall experience of the boardwalk. Yo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ImaTraveler29
Reviewed 25 August 2011

From what I have read about this hotel, I would back out if I could but the web site I made my reservation on said I could not cancel plus if I got a new hotel on the beach if lucky it would be more money. So what I get from the reviews I read this place must suck real bad. New post after my stay.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank seansdady
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I called Ramada directly to reserve the room and was given two free 'Breakfast at the Beach' vouchers for each day we were there. The front desk person looked at us like we were begging for a freebee when we tried to redeem our breakfast - I tried to show her the email confirmation but she said there was no such thing. The hotel was very dirty and run down. Everything looks old and gross. I would NOT stay here again or recommend anyone stay here!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family