“Outstanding staff”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
RICHMOND
“Outstanding staff”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The front desk staff, Jasmine in particular, is among the best I have seen. We have stayed at many properties in the area, this one due to the staff, is our favorite.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel was nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and friendly. I normally stay in the center of the beach but this was at the lower end of the boardwalk and I actually enjoyed that because there weren't as many people during the day and evening hours. The Mahi Mahi restaurant below had great breakfast. My husband and I sat outside facing the beach during breakfast. Since I'm a vegetarian , can't comment on the other meals (didn't eat).
Loved that there was a music stage right there with great music! Normally, I would have walked up and down the boardwalk to determine which bands were playing what genre.
Parking was across the street. I was concerned about valet parking but you can park your own car and I liked that you could access with your room key.
The only negative... you have to request a fridge/micraowave when you book the room and there is an additional fee (which I didn't know until I got there. They didn't have any available).

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor near the ice maker which was a little noisy but once in the room didn't b...
WINDBER
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was extremely surprised for being the Ramada. There was no air conditioning in the halls. The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were way way way to small. You have a total of 4 tile squares to move in. You have to go into the bathroom to close the door. It is ridiculous. If you are a heavy person forget it. These is no air in their either. It's nice having a balcony and the view is fabulous. There is no microwave or fridge in the room for the price. Also, we were never told that we could use the pool at Turtle Cay across the street. I liked the style of the room. The colors of the room were very nice. When I walked in I love the style.

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

PERRY HALL
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Virginia Beach Ramada for three nights. This was our first trip to VA Beach. We had problems getting our luggage to the room. Although we were using a luggage cart, the elevator door would not accomodate it with all the stuff we had hanging off of it. As a result, my husband had to make a few trips. Also it was difficult, if not impossible to keep the elevator door open once it started to close. Once arriving on our floor, we were hit by a blast of heat. The glass windows that form one side of the corridor created a sauna like atmosphere. By the time my husband had made his third trip up with luggage, he was soaked with sweat. The room was not overly large, but it was adequate. I would have liked a ventilator fan in the bathroom....the bathroom was small, and after taking a shower, it was quite oppressive. I learned to open the door as soon as I finished. The bed and pillows were very comfortable...I love soft down pillows, and these were perfect. The restaurant was nice...the drinks were delicious, and I loved the nachos. Upon leaving the hotel, it was impossible to find a luggage cart. My husband went downstairs and hovered in the lobby for a while...but after discovering that another guest had been there for almost an hour trying to get a cart, he came upstairs and we just made a couple trips ourselves. The valet service was very good. We never had to wait long for our car.

SCOTTSVILLE
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel check in staff was a bit short and unwelcoming. The room was very nice, though being on the 2nd floor we got woken up at 3am with drunk pedesterians on the boardwalk.

CHANTILLY
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Nice lobby. Front Desk was not very helpful. The luggage cart did not fit easily into the elevator. Our room was lovely. Everything was clean and neat. The balcony was awesome. A piece of the popcorn ceiling fell on my daughters bed while she was asleep. The bathroom was nice, but tiny. Overall our stay was okay. I would not stay there again. The indoor pool is closed during thunderstorms.

pa
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel in mid June & pd my 1 night reservation fee. Called back a few weeks later to pay the balance in full. The operator informed me my reservation had been cancelled. I didn't cancel but somehow it got cancelled. I "upgraded" the reservation from a standard room to a "suite". According to Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront website I was to get an efficiency that included 1/2 bath. We arrived to the hotel, checked in, went to the room. The "suite" in a standard room with a kitchenette and no 1/2 bath. I "upgraded" the room with 1/2 bath because I was traveling with 2 other adults & 2 children & needed the extra bathroom. The "kitchen" floor was filithy & the small bathroom was disgusting with other people's hair all over, dust was so thick on the furnature it looked like the room hadn't been used in a long time, popcorn was under the TV stand, mold on the shower curtain, food was left in the "kitchen" from the last guest. I had the housekeeping supervisor in my room when she returned to work. She agreed the room was not their standard. (Yvonne a very nice lady!) Shawntee from the front desk was also in our room & agreed. The refridge didn't work & service was called in to replace the unit. He came in & did whatever to the refridge & said wait 20 mins & it'll be fine. We go to the grocery store come back put the items away. The next day I had to throw away everything because it spoiled. A loss of my hard earned money! I was on tech support on 2 seperate days & spent 1 hour each time trying to connect on the internet. Still without success. I went to the front desk & was told to connect at the next door hotel. That's not what I paid for. I paid for a room that had wireless access. My husband had a meeting with Bob the GM. Again, very nice man. He was caught up on everything that was going on. He did give us a credit of $370. I explained to him Saturday before I left that I was unhappy about what we had experiece, the false advertisment of the 1/2 bath and the wireless. I called Ramada Sunday (7/22) & left a message for a superisvor to call me back. I spoke to Linda. I think she was rude & not willing to hear what I had to say. I wasn't asking for compensation from Virgina Beach Oceanfront hotel. Like i said I was issued a small credit. I feel Ramada should do something for me due the false advertisment about the 1/2 bath, free wireless access & the inconvenience