“Great location and service”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2013

How can you beat a room with the balcony looking directly out onto the beautiful beach and the Atlantic Ocean? This hotel is obviously not new but good beds, carpet and showers make the rooms very comfortable. Ice is available on every floor and the rooms are quiet. There is live music outside every night until 10:00 P.M. and good happy hour specials at the house restaurant, Mahi Mah's. The Wave bus transportation is efficient and inexpensive.

Room Tip: Avoid the very end of the halls nearest 5th Street as that is where the ice machines are located, so...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I requested a non-smoking room and I didn't get it(my son is asthmatic and I was concert he would have a asthma attack, thanks God he didn't) the room didn't have a coffee maker, refrigerator or microwave, so I had to be asking for all of this, when you have kids definitely need this things specially if you going to spend 3 day at there. We got the coffee maker on the 3rd day, and also we had a leak in the ceiling coming from the room upstair, they got it fix at the and of the day. It was my first time staying at this hotel and it just didn't meet my expectations that I was hopping for this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Bobvone49, General Manager at Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your review and observations, may I suggest on your next visit that you request an oceanfront studio room. There are a limited number of them but each contains a microwave, wet bar, refrigerator and offers the most space of all of our rooms. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Regards, Bob von Esmarch

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Brought grandkids (11, 12, & 15) to see surfing and was comfortable letting them roam together on boardwalk while I enjoyed the beautiful weather and view from my balcony, I was meeting with Mr. Gardner, and left final packing to kids. I didn't take time to check room and they left things. Wish I could have arranged to get them back. Otherwise, a wonderful two days.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review and very kind words, I will share them with the staff. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Regards, Bob von Esmarch

Reviewed 31 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband, 16 yo daughter and I just returned home from our 4 day/3 night stay in VA Beach. I read many reviews about the hotel and was a bit hesitant about my stay but thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in a 2 double bed room and there was enough space for us. The bathroom was not as small as some mentioned and I had ample room to enter and close the door without any trouble. Not sure if the rooms are designed differently but the sink was outside of the bathroom which was convenient if you needed to brush your teeth or wash your face while another member of your family showered. The view from the balcony of the boardwalk, beach and ocean was fantastic! I liked being able to see families walk by, jog or bike ride late into the evening. I worried about the music outdoors but the balcony doors are well sealed with thick enough glass to keep outdoor sounds out. The beds and pillows are not the best but reasonable. The air conditioner worked well but was a bit noisy...it didn't disturb us though. The room was clean and housekeeping was exceptional. They arrived each day between 9-10 am and our room was always cleaned by the time we returned from the beach. We requested a higher floor room, fridge and microwave but were placed on the 2nd floor and never received either even after checking in and being told that a microwave would be immediately brought to our room and a fridge when one was available. The view from the 2nd floor was very good though. I would recommend not having chocolate in the vending machines in hot weather and reducing the cost of snacks. $.80 for a small bag of chips was extremely too much. We took advantage of the stay 3 nights and get the 3rd night free offer so our stay was very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a larger room with a fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Lower floors reduce time waiting on elevator. Definitely book a room with fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and very kind words. I will forward your comments to our front office manager for immediate attention, if we promise you an item, we need to follow through and assure that you receive the desired item. We look forward to werving you again in future. Regards, Bob von Esmarch