My family and I come to Virginia Beach every year with our dance school for a national dance competition. I booked a non smoking studio which was to include 2 double beds, refrigerator, microwave, sink and granite counter top on 4/8/14 for my July vacation. Upon arrival we were given a standard room that consisted of two beds no sink, no microwave and no refrigerator. I went back to the front desk and explained to Kendra that this was not the room that I booked for our stay. Kendra was very helpful in trying to us the room that we had initially reserved. Unfortunately, the next room that Kendra tried to give to us was a smoking room. I was not willing to accept a smoking room as I am not a smoker and did not want myself or my family to be exposed to that type of an environment. So the only room that was available to us at that time was the honeymoon suite. I agreed to check out the room to see if it was suitable to our needs. Being that we were 10 hours away from home and need of a hotel room I agreed to stay in this room for part of our stay. Kendra said we could stay in the room until Wednesday and then we would be transferred to the room we originally reserved. So we left all of our belongings in our suitcases. My husband and I and my 7 year old slept in the bed and my 17 year old slept on the couch that did not pull out into a bed. Kendra also gave us breakfast voucher for each one of us for our stay at the hotel because of the inconvenience. We ended up staying the suite for the entire length of our stay because we were never moved to another room.
So at first I thought the situation was a legitimate mix up. As my week in the hotel progressed and chatting with other guests at the hotel it appeared that it was a practice for guests to be put in rooms other than the ones that they had reserved. Guests who had reserved and paid for refrigerators and microwaves were put on a waiting list until Wednesday. I am unsure if they ever received them or not.
There were 3 elevators in the hotel. The majority of the week 2 out of the 3 elevators were broken.
What I found to be most disturbing about my experience at this hotel is that it is affiliated with Gold Key resorts. There is a person stationed near the front lobby soliciting for Gold Key resorts everyday. They call your room phone and try to get you to sign up to take tours in the Gold Key resorts. So Gold Key resorts is allowing the guests at the Ramada Inn to have horrible vacation experiences at the Ramada Inn while trying to lure them to their other facilities. I personally feel that the Ramada Inn guests should have the same service as those at the other facilities affiliated with Gold Key resorts. Since the room that I reserved was not what they gave me I should have been given the option of an adequate room at one of the Gold Key Resort facilities. Having 3 people in one bed and a 17 year old cramped on a couch for a week, Jacuzzi that didn't work, rug torn up so we had to place luggage on it so we didn't scratch cut our feet on staples, not having our rooms cleaned and service until 3 or 4 in the afternoon when we were out of the room by 8am is not at all acceptable. It is very poor customer service and I will be sure to tell all of the people that I know the experience that I had at this hotel and with Gold Key Resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach's hotel with the best view, come experience the calming ocean waters and cooling breezes of the Summer season at this seaside escape. Nationally ranked as the #1 Ramada in North America and now with brand new oceanfront rooms, we’re even better than before. Fully renovated with comfortable and contemporary accommodations, see why the Ramada is the best destination to experience seaside living in Virginia Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada On The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Ramada