“Girls weekend”

Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond
“Girls weekend”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was not impressed. Front desk check-in gentleman was extremely rude. Shortly after getting in the room I killed a roach in the bathroom. Showed front desk they just looked at me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

BobvGM, General Manager at Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your review, I would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you so I can determine who was less than pleasant, we are here toserve and provide a welcoming hospitality experience for all our guests, I apolooogize you did not feel that way. Critters are anothe item entirely, we have a stringent pest cotrol program, but obviously need to do better. Kindly contact me at 757-491-3677 so I may attend to you personally.
Regards, Bob von Esmarch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The location on the beach is great and the restaurant is very good, but the rooms are just not clean. We asked for a new room and the second one wasn't any better. There was obvious debris on the floor- food and toenails! Hair and dirt in the bathroom, and the shower and curtain were mildewed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Phookawonderland
Thank you for your review and comments, I apologize that you found such a lack of quality on our rooms, I have copied the executive housekeeper so she can tak immediate action and correct these deficiencies. Cleanliness is the number one reasons guests return to a hotel and I am extremely sorry that we edid not prooovide an acceptable enfironment. Kindly contact me so I can determine where you stayed in the hotel. You may reach me at 757-491-3677. Regards, Bob von Esmarch

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This will be a fair review of both the good and the bad, so take it for what it's worth. My husband and our two children stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Check-in was fine, no problems there. The elevators are only large enough to really fit a group of 4 or 5. If you have luggage, probably less than that.

The room was a little small for the 4 of us, and we were often bumping into each other and looking for places to just put our things. The "fitted sheets" on the bed, really weren't fitted...they were just sort of resting on top of the mattress and moved around a lot. My husband did not like having to sleep up against a wall, but the entire right side of the bed was wedged against the bathroom wall. As for the bathroom, none of the drains actually drained. We had to remove the stopper from the sink entirely just to get the water to go down. The shower drain was so slow that we were standing in a tub full of water while we were showering. The towel rack was bent and hanging on the wall with only a few screws, with several missing.

It was nice having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, but the front of the microwave looked like someone's greasy hand had been pushing buttons and closing the door--it wasn't even cleaned after housekeeping came.

The balcony was great--sat right above the boardwalk with a nice view of the beach. We honestly chose this hotel due to its proximity to the beach, but for the price, there are much nicer options that we've stayed in.

The staff was friendly and courteous, and dinner at Mahi Mah's was good. Overall, I would say this was an average stay in a hotel that needs some significant updating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bean2004
Thank you for your reveiw and commemnts, it is only through such constructive criticism that we can adjust our operations and provide the quality and sevice you have come to expect from Ramada. Kindly advise where you were in the hotel so I can assure that we correct the deficiencies you mentioned. You may reach me at 757-491-3677. You will be pleased to know that we are redoing the vinyl and lighting in the guest bathrooms which will be a signifacant improvemnt over our current conditions. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Regards, Bob von Esmarch
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ramada hotel is looking its age from the outside , staff where helpful and service was good, room was heading to the,tired stage of repair although it was clean. Overlooks the sea so good views , the garage is free but over the street so a bit of pain to unload bags etc. disappointed in virginia beach, a very tired resort lots of souvenir shops and nit much else

Room Tip: Band plays free every night so can get a little noisy until after ten
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and comments, you will be pleased to know that we are replacing the vinyl and lighting in the guest bath rooms as well as replacing all the corridor carpeting which will be a nice refreshing look to the hotel. We look forward to serving you again. Regards, Bob von Esmarch
Darlington PA
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The stay at the Ramada was wonderful - the staffing was great and the room was so clean. The only downside was that the parking garage is across the street. The garage is well lit and we felt out car was safe but you have to preplan what you may need if you're like us and leave beach chairs and umbrellas in the car until you need them but that was minor. The view of course was great and there are live bands that play each night throughout the summer but only from 6 pm to 10pm so even though we were on that northern side of the building we enjoyed the music and it wasn't too loud for us at all but if you're not into that be warned. The pool area is pretty and clean with towels avaliable so you don't need to bring any unless you go late at night then they will be out. We were able to take our bikes up to our room and had plenty of room. We're definitely making this hotel a favorite and will stay here again for sure.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SKnaus
Thank you for your reveiw and wonderful comments, I will share them with the staff. It is a pleasure to see that we have made your hospitality experience memorable for all the right reasons. we look forward to serving you again in future. Regards, Bob von Esmarch
Albany, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I come to Virginia Beach every year with our dance school for a national dance competition. I booked a non smoking studio which was to include 2 double beds, refrigerator, microwave, sink and granite counter top on 4/8/14 for my July vacation. Upon arrival we were given a standard room that consisted of two beds no sink, no microwave and no refrigerator. I went back to the front desk and explained to Kendra that this was not the room that I booked for our stay. Kendra was very helpful in trying to us the room that we had initially reserved. Unfortunately, the next room that Kendra tried to give to us was a smoking room. I was not willing to accept a smoking room as I am not a smoker and did not want myself or my family to be exposed to that type of an environment. So the only room that was available to us at that time was the honeymoon suite. I agreed to check out the room to see if it was suitable to our needs. Being that we were 10 hours away from home and need of a hotel room I agreed to stay in this room for part of our stay. Kendra said we could stay in the room until Wednesday and then we would be transferred to the room we originally reserved. So we left all of our belongings in our suitcases. My husband and I and my 7 year old slept in the bed and my 17 year old slept on the couch that did not pull out into a bed. Kendra also gave us breakfast voucher for each one of us for our stay at the hotel because of the inconvenience. We ended up staying the suite for the entire length of our stay because we were never moved to another room.

So at first I thought the situation was a legitimate mix up. As my week in the hotel progressed and chatting with other guests at the hotel it appeared that it was a practice for guests to be put in rooms other than the ones that they had reserved. Guests who had reserved and paid for refrigerators and microwaves were put on a waiting list until Wednesday. I am unsure if they ever received them or not.
There were 3 elevators in the hotel. The majority of the week 2 out of the 3 elevators were broken.
What I found to be most disturbing about my experience at this hotel is that it is affiliated with Gold Key resorts. There is a person stationed near the front lobby soliciting for Gold Key resorts everyday. They call your room phone and try to get you to sign up to take tours in the Gold Key resorts. So Gold Key resorts is allowing the guests at the Ramada Inn to have horrible vacation experiences at the Ramada Inn while trying to lure them to their other facilities. I personally feel that the Ramada Inn guests should have the same service as those at the other facilities affiliated with Gold Key resorts. Since the room that I reserved was not what they gave me I should have been given the option of an adequate room at one of the Gold Key Resort facilities. Having 3 people in one bed and a 17 year old cramped on a couch for a week, Jacuzzi that didn't work, rug torn up so we had to place luggage on it so we didn't scratch cut our feet on staples, not having our rooms cleaned and service until 3 or 4 in the afternoon when we were out of the room by 8am is not at all acceptable. It is very poor customer service and I will be sure to tell all of the people that I know the experience that I had at this hotel and with Gold Key Resorts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank stuff94
Thank you for your review and comments, I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the room type you reserved, there are only 27 rooms in the hotel witht the features you mentioned, but we should have taken better care of you. Kindly contact me prior to your return to the beach for next year's competition so I can assure that you receive the accomodation that was promised to you. You may reach me at 757-491-3677. regards, Bob von Esmarch