“Wonderful Vacation”

Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Wonderful Vacation”
Reviewed 11 March 2005

We were there the weekend of March 4-6 and could not have been happier. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the view spectacular. Our sixth floor balcony offered the sight and sound of the Atlantic Ocean. We enjoyed watching people and thier pets pass below us in the early mornings.

Our trip was a "Whale Watching Package" and included, as advertised, an excursion to see whales in the Atlantic, Aquarium and I-Max tickets, and a significant discount at a fine restaurant. I had been a little skeptical of the restaurant, wondering why they would need to offer discounts if they were that good. To my surprise the food exceeded my expectations and was one of the most memorable dinner's we've had in ages.

The hotel's on-site restaurant offers an outstanding breakfast buffet at a reasonable price as well.

When a problem developed--our sliding glass door jumped its track--the hotel had someone up there to fix it in less than 10 minutes--late on Saturday afternoon! What service!

Overall, the weekend was "a deal" and exceeded our expectations royally.

15 Thank Fsmith58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Reviewed 3 December 2004

stayed at ramada inn 615 atlantic avenue. was a nightmare!! from reception to checkout. room horrible. service horrible. will never stay at a Ramada Inn anywhere!!@ will choose some other hotel forever.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Indiana
Reviewed 20 September 2004

Stayed @ Ramada from Sept 16-19. It was a business/pleasure trip. Nice clean, updated room and a fantastic view of the Atlantic.

If you want privacy and seclusion this is a nice place. It is really in a residential area and the hub-bub and activity is quite far away. Although they do have a shuttle that takes you to the boardwalk area every hour.

Only 1 restruant/pub but the food was good.

I can't comment on the check-in since the company that put this on took care of this. But the conciere (Anne - I believe) was very nice and helpful. The restruarant & pub help were very friendly also.

All in all..if you want a gorgeous view, quiet, secluded (from other hotels) that is updated and clean you will probably like this place. I did notice several older couples there.

An excellent place for meetings etc. With nothing really negative to say - we would most likely try someplace closer to the action if we go back.

• Stayed September 2004, travelled on business
7 Thank golfbhard
Reviewed 10 September 2004

The room was good. I read other reviews and asked for the newer wing. The other parts of the hotel where pretty run down. The staff was great. Restaurant excellent. Dexter went out of his way to make our stay great. It was at the quiet end of the beach which was nice for families. One downfall was the fan was broke in the bathroom. I called maintenance it smelled like it was burning. My 6 year old would turn the switch on by accident. They removed it, said it was stuck and over heating. They had none in stock. After a hot sticky day on the beach. We had to shower with the door open and then fan the humidity out. I complained at the desk. They said the parts would take a few days to come in. I should have asked to relocate but we had a nice room. Everyone was very nice!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mississauga
Reviewed 23 August 2004

The staff at the check- in desk are the least helpful people that I have ever met! They are rude and really don't care whether you like the service or take your business elsewhere. We stayed there from Aug.19to21. There is a rather chubby female clerk and another clerk by the name of Candace. They are very cold and act as if you are doing them a great disservice, just by trying to check in or out. If you can tolerate that, the rooms are nice. The restaurant and facilities are great, although the indoor pool is very small and freezing cold, and the hot tub can seat 2 at a time, (also colddddd). The view is spectacular. All the rooms face the ocean. The beach was quite wavy, good for surfing or boogieboarding, but not for swimming, definitely not for kids under 5. IMPORTANT- We found a number in our CAA/AAA Tour book called ROOMS VB. If you call them for free, they give you the best rate. We called them and they told us we would pay $129 per night for the Ramada if we booked through them. We went to the Ramada front desk, thinking it would be the same rate or better, because they wouldn't have to pay this company a finders fee. Wrong! The aforementionned snobby front desk clerks offered me the same room for $249 per night. When I told them about the number I called and showed them the ad in the tour book, I was told that the best they could do was $229. So I went outside, borrowed the valet's phone and booked through the number mentionned above for $129. They were not pleased to see me check-in 5 minutes later. Bizarre!!!! Ironically, there was a flyer in our rooms which states that Ramada will give you your first night free if you get a quote cheaper elsewhere for their hotel than going directly through them. However, I was never offered any free room...

2 Thank cubatourist
Reviewed 15 August 2004

Check in pretty much ruined it for me. I was standing in line while a young man helped the woman in front of me. Another clerk (I later learned her name was Candis Lavra) came from the back and just stood there. The young man had to tell her to assist me. She was VERY rude. She asked how I'd like to pay and I told her cash. Ms. Lavra fumbled around, then gave me a total of $726. I handed her my cash and my drivers license. She typed something in the computer, handed me back my license, then picked up the phone which had started ringing. She assisted the caller with their reservation, then had the nerve to ask me my name again! After I told her, she asked me for my driver's license again then mumbled that she had to make a copy and walked into a back room behind the desk. (I've been all over the world and I've never had someone copy my license). My 7-year-old, who was with me at the time said "I think she's mad, Mommy". After that, she showed me my cash credit on a receipt then said "you need to keep up with this". The receipt indicated a rate of $204. I told her when I booked online that the rate was $199. She said the rate changed on the third day and $204 was the average of three nights. She was NOT nice when she told me this. She then told me my reservation was for three days and that I check out on Saturday. Afterward she stood there staring at me. I said "the key, please". She handed it to me and I asked the other clerk where the elevator was. With her fumbling around and scrutinizing me, check out lasted 16 minutes! After check in, I was pretty irritated.

My room was adequate. The view was wonderful, but the view is the same from any of the other hotels on Atlantic Ave. I called the Guest Services number two days in a row and left a note for housekeeping requesting extra towels, but they never left any. The bathtub looked dirty, so I wouldn't let the kids take a bath, showers only. I liked the balcony and ice and vending machines were available. I chose the Ramada because of the brand, but next time I'll try another hotel. The room and treatment I received was not worth the $204 a night price. Fortunately we managed to have a good time and the staff at the restaurants we ventured to were pretty nice. I will not stay at the Ramada the next time I visit Virginia Beach.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2004

My family, friends, and I recently stayed at the Ramada Inn on The Beach and had a wonderful time. We were only able to stay for 2 nights, but we enjoyed them due to the nice rooms. They were comfortable with a beautiful view. The music from the 7th street stage was nice to sit on the balcony and listen to. The staff were helpful. The pool and hot-tub were a bit small, but overall it is a satisfactory hotel and we plan on returning next year. I would most definetly recommend it to anyone!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member