“Perfect Beach Location”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Perfect Beach Location”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I stayed with a few friends in May 2009 during Patriotic Festival, a weekend-long event with live music and other events right on the beach. I chose the Ramada for its proximity to the festival, and as I got to my room I found the balcony not only looked out onto the beach, giving a fantastic view at all times, but also gave a great view of the stage. I checked in early with no problems; the free valet service was incredibly polite and helpful directing me to attractions around the boardwalk. While in the airport I lost my ticket confirmation for the festival; while the concierge at the Ramada was unable to help me, they had an arrangement with the hotel next door to allow their guests to use their concierge and business center, where I was able to print out a new copy.

The amenities looked fantastic, though I didn't use them--I could see the fitness room was full of machines to use and looked out onto the boardwalk. The room was very spacious; surprising, since the hotel looked like it is an old structure that has been recently remodeled. Beds were very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was fantastic, flat-screen TV a delight. The only complaint was that there were only two elevators for the entire hotel, and they were small, un-air conditioned, and slow at that. If you were trying to get somewhere during check in/out time, you would have a lot of waiting with your luggage.

Once again I must say the service here was impeccable: the Ramada was the hotel for all the staff of the festival AND there was a wedding party staying there that weekend; they handled them very well and I never felt that I was overlooked because of it. The toilet clogged when I arrived to the room, and with one quick phone call to the front desk someone was up in less than five minutes fixing it. It was a wonderful stay and while there are cheaper places in the area, the service would definitely bring me back here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I made reservations for my spouse and myself last minutes for the 4th of July. After making reservations I read the reviews and I was somewhat nervous. Couldn't change hotels because everyone was booked up we continued with our plans. When we got there the front desk was so nice and attentive the room was clean and fresh and the veiw was amazing. Our stay was very enjoyable and relaxing and I would recommend Ramda on the beach to anyone. You can't always go by the reviews.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I just wanted to take a moment and express to you what an incredible time my husband and I experienced at the Ramada Resort. I cannot praise Michael at the front desk enough. He was the epitome of professionalism, and unknowingly helped make our 20th wedding anniversary getaway an unforgettable experience. To say the room was incredible, would be an understatement. We were blown away. The bed was the most amazingly, comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The complimentary valet parking just was over the top. Incredible! We have had the privilege of staying at several 3 and 4 star resorts and have never experienced such a wonderful stay as the one at the Ramada Resort. We will continue recommending Ramada to all of our friends who are planning a stay at Virginia Beach.
**Impeccable accommodations and staff.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Va.
Reviewed 19 May 2009

First let me be clear - this is NO resort - where life is easy and there's someone there to take care of your every desire. Suggest you not even think about going there with children - you'll be tripping over each other as there is not an inch of extra space to move around in within the room. The TV did not work, the coffee pot did not work, the ice machine on our floor did not work, the vending machine for soda, water, etc.. did not work. There was no clock. There is no lobby to speak of, no bell service (you're on your own) only a few luggage carts if you can manage to snag one and untrained personnel at the front desk who are totally unable to answer any questions about bus service (which the city is trying to promote) or anything else. When you check in you have to sign a form saying you won't cancel your reservation without 72 hours notice. This is most certainly because as you walk down the street you will realize that you could have booked yourself at any of a dozen or more cheaper hotels with the same view and amenities. The hotel has a band that plays until 11PM and it is LOUD. Don't even think about sleeping. A place for kids? - NOT on your life! The fact that the room has a view of the ocean - OK they ALL do. This is nothing special to pay for. There was shampoo and conditioner, but no hand lotion. There were, however, threatening notices telling you not to steal the towels - that inventory was taken daily - imagine! The exercise room had 3 or 4 machines, total. Parking is by valet, so while there is no charge, you do feel compelled to tip the guys, who probably provided the best service of anyone I encountered there. The quality of this facility overall, including the room, was more like a Days Inn. In fact, I have been in Days Inns that are better. Shame on Ramada for squandering their branding. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank MHBirchler
southeast virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I can not say enough nice things about this hotel & it's staff!! my husband & i had originally booked our honeymoon stay at a different hotel up the beach & after encountering mulitple problems at that hotel, the Ramada offered us a transfer to their hotel. The lobby is fantastic, the staff a delight & the amenities are great. Due to all of our stress from the other hotel, the Ramada gave us the honeymoon suite at a discounted rate & when we walked in we nearly passed out. It was like a room you see on HGTV! There is even a seperate room for the amazing jacuzzi tub. The decor is superb, the bed super comfortable & the view is to die for. Also, they have a great indoor pool w/ jacuzzi, & wonderful lounge area surrounding it. The in house dining, Mahi-Mahs is great as well. I would always recommed this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
thomas4327
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Every May we visit Virginia Beach, as a family getaway. We have always chosen to stay at the Ramada on the Beach (for what reason I have not found out yet). Every year it is the same thing....terrible customer service, and too many broken promises.

We made reservations in December, which apparently was never made(or so they say). Arrived and found out about the reservation issue, then they told us they would find us another hotel within their group. So they took down our cells, and we also began our own hotel search. Good thing we spent the first half of our day looking for our own hotel, because they didn't. They never called the first time through the entire vacation! So we had one night booked, now two more to go. We called them the next day and found out they had an opening for the second night. So we took that, and well I'm tired of going on about it now because I could go on for hours, but the entire vacation was like that. Through all of the trouble the manager did nothing. She was the one "helping us" since December, and may I add this was the third year of problems with them. I strongly feel that they are too overpriced for your standard hotel room. (Try $259/night before taxes for a two full bed, no fridge, no kitchen)
I would also like to add that Virginia Beach is a beautiful, well kept beach. That is why we enjoyed visiting every year. But the prices are a little high, and their could be more activities for the children. Oh yeah, most of the restaurants are a little sleazy, and over priced for the quality of food you get.

• Liked — The view of the beach.
  • Disliked — Everything but the view of the beach.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2009

my husband i went down to get married and have our honeymoon all in one and it was the best trip we had ever had together we are actually planning on comming back sometime in 2009

• Liked — the valet parking
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple