I stayed with a few friends in May 2009 during Patriotic Festival, a weekend-long event with live music and other events right on the beach. I chose the Ramada for its proximity to the festival, and as I got to my room I found the balcony not only looked out onto the beach, giving a fantastic view at all times, but also gave a great view of the stage. I checked in early with no problems; the free valet service was incredibly polite and helpful directing me to attractions around the boardwalk. While in the airport I lost my ticket confirmation for the festival; while the concierge at the Ramada was unable to help me, they had an arrangement with the hotel next door to allow their guests to use their concierge and business center, where I was able to print out a new copy.
The amenities looked fantastic, though I didn't use them--I could see the fitness room was full of machines to use and looked out onto the boardwalk. The room was very spacious; surprising, since the hotel looked like it is an old structure that has been recently remodeled. Beds were very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was fantastic, flat-screen TV a delight. The only complaint was that there were only two elevators for the entire hotel, and they were small, un-air conditioned, and slow at that. If you were trying to get somewhere during check in/out time, you would have a lot of waiting with your luggage.
Once again I must say the service here was impeccable: the Ramada was the hotel for all the staff of the festival AND there was a wedding party staying there that weekend; they handled them very well and I never felt that I was overlooked because of it. The toilet clogged when I arrived to the room, and with one quick phone call to the front desk someone was up in less than five minutes fixing it. It was a wonderful stay and while there are cheaper places in the area, the service would definitely bring me back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach's hotel with the best view, come experience the calming ocean waters and cooling breezes of the Summer season at this seaside escape. Nationally ranked as the #1 Ramada in North America and now with brand new oceanfront rooms, we’re even better than before. Fully renovated with comfortable and contemporary accommodations, see why the Ramada is the best destination to experience seaside living in Virginia Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada On The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Ramada