“Clean, friendly staff, average hotel”

Quality Inn Little Creek
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean, friendly staff, average hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place is fine for what it is: an exterior door U-shaped 2-story no-elevator hotel beside a busy divided highway. It's clean and staff is very nice. The neighborhood is safe and it is literally next door to a decent Mexican restaurant, sharing a parking lot with a Food Lion grocery, and some odds and ends stores in a strip mall. It is not quiet but you will be up with the sunrise anyway as the room is instantly flooded with light. The only "hot" thing on the breakfast menu was make-your-own-waffles, but the food was still decent. This hotel is totally fine for an overnight stay, and it was completely booked on a Friday afternoon when we arrived (they turned people away who did not have a reservation). It is expensive for what you get, but it is NOT overpriced. Price similar hotels in the area and see for yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Audrey W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a tired, old, cheap-looking motel in a tired part of town. If it didn't have a Quality Inn sign, you would assume it was a lesser brand. It has all exterior corridors, 2 floors and no elevator. The breakfast area is small and without a lot of selection. The pool area is much smaller than it looks in online pictures and is right next to the busy highway. The sink is outside the bathroom, which is okay, but the room with the toilet and tub is the only place to change clothes and it is tiny and tight. You have to maneuver awkwardly just to get the door closed. Also, the tub's sides and ledges are so narrow that even travel-size products fall off. It was nice to have a Food Lion next door, but none of the shopping centers nearby have any nice stores or restaurants - mostly dollar stores, thrift stores and nail salons. As far as it is to get to the oceanfront resort area, I don't think this place is worth the advertised price. We were staying on points from my husband's business trips. It was decently clean, seemed reasonably safe and the staff was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Delaware
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The room was spacious and lighting was good. The internet was dependable. Although this motel has seen better days, our stay was nice. The room was very clean. There was a heat lamp, light combo in the tub/toilet area. I like this feature since the vent and other light in most motel bathrooms are one unit and there is no heat vent in the bathroom. Our room was the farthest from the highway and so was fairly quiet. Breakfast was good, although a hot breakfast was advertised and the only hot item was make your own waffles. I thought hot breakfast meant something like eggs, breakfast meat or along that line.

Towels are thin and the room could use updating but it was fine for an overnight stay.

The best part of our stay was the front desk clerk Diana. She went out of her way to be helpful both at check in and check out.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if steps are a problem, ask for a i 1st floor room. Be aware that entry d...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue in reho K
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here and when we first arrived the hotel manager told me he was TIGHTLY booked and didn't have the room I reserved so did I want to stay at Howard Johnson next door. I told him put me in any room he had available. I heard Howard Johnson was trash. He put me in a double queen and I was pleased. I had much of no problems with my room except a beer bottle was learning the fridge besides that excellent quality. Breakfast is basic but just enough. Great room and great price about 15min from the Virginia beach main area.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank lovelylee4
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 13 days. I have worked for hotels for 14 years and found this hotel to be wonderful. The staff was very accomidating and welcomed us everytime we seen one of them. There is a restauraunt next door as well as a couple of fast food and a supermarket. The walk took a couple minutes from our hotel. When we left we felt as if we had made new friends. That does not happen often when traveling. I know that I have stayed at many hotels that could not answer my questions, have been given horrible directions and much more. This staff were able to help us with all of our needs and did not blink an eye. There was NO soap scum on the floor of the bathtub which was absolutely refreshing. My daughter is in the Navy so I plan to return to Virginia and this will be the place that I stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank linked72
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I always wait to the last minute to book a hotel and when it comes to anything close to the beach at a low price it seems impossibe for me to find that. Even though I think I paid too much for one night here, I think if you book in advance you may get a better rate.

On to the hotel. I was suprised, better than I expected. Room wasn't small and it was clean. We got a king bed, larger than usual fridge, and microwave. Small outdoor pool which we did not use. Free parking and free wifi in lobby. Hardwired in rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel wasn't a long drive from the beach..about 20 minutes. I suggest you ask for a non smoking room and not to show up too late at night as parking spaces seem to all be taken. This is a outside exiting room. In the morning you can here everyone outside getting ready to head to the beach so if you plan to sleep in it may be difficult if you are a light sleeper. Not a bad hotel, try to book in advance.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room, upper level if possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KhanArt
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We only stayed here for one night (June 7), but that one night was just fine. Check-in and check-out people were friendly. Room was clean, ac worked fine. Convenient location between Norfolk Airport & Virginia Beach. We had no problems, thankfully, since problems were all we had with United Airlines getting from San Francisco to Norfolk (& boy is that another review!)

Room Tip: 212 - upstairs & away from street
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family