“Decent Stay”

Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia
“Decent Stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I love Hampton Inn's; I've yet to have a bad experience. This was a nice stay. I have three complaints, but they're more with the associations @ the hotel, not the hotel itself. 1. We were there about two weeks ago, when a large group staying for a youth football thing were there. They were rowdy. They were all young boys, so that's to be expected. Not the hotel's fault. 2. Taphouse is a really good restaurant, but crazy expensive. I went next door to Calypso for some drinks and paid about half of what Taphouse charges. That's also not the hotel's fault, and I did love that it was there. Its a nice place, good food and live music. 3. We had hoped to use the pool at night, but it's tiny, and allllll of those football kids were there so it was too crowded. As I said, this is a great place. It's in a fantastic location, we had ocean view (all rooms have it, I believe). It was super clean, and the staff was very nice and stayed on top of things. I got a discounted rate through a work affiliation, but would have stayed without it. Overall, it was very nice. I think only the timing was off. We stayed two nights, and so did they football teams. They were paying customers too, they had every right to be there. Otherwise, a very nice stay in a very nice place. We'll go back.

1 Thank Yakola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
chesapeake, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here in off season, it was a nice private getaway for me and my husband. Not crowded this time of year which was a bonus for us. Nice size room, comfortable bed......Awesome views of the ocean! The adjoining restaurant Taphouse had awesome staff and food was very good. Would definitely recommend Hampton Inn Virginia Beach to anyone!!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

room was average with a 32" Tv. sofa was small and from the 1960's. bed was worn and uncomfortable. the price of the room for the time of year was high and most likely competitive. the beach from view was the only impressive thing about this hotel

Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Maybe it was the fact that our room was directly across from the elevators. Or maybe that the hotel was hosting youth football teams in town for a championship, and the kids and their parents laughed, shouted and ran in the halls until well past midnight. It might have been that our "accessible" room (all that was available) was quite spartan and the switch for the entry light was broken off. Since the adjacent (and rather large) closet was also without a light, going in to find our clothes became a bit of a challenge. Or was it the accessible bathroom with no place for clean towels unless they were stacked up on the vanity, and the broken toilet roll holder with the roll impaled on one prong. I guess it was all of this that made for a disappointing visit to a hotel that bore the brand that I most often visit. I know you can't control guest behavior, and concessions had to be made in the building design that did not allow for elevator lobbies, but it's hard to forgive obvious shortcomings in maintenance. I love Hampton Inns. This one… not so much.

Ruther Glen, VA
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The service was great and they gave us a later check out time because they knew it was my birthday that night. Breakfast was good and pool was clean. Room was clean and had no issues. I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Concord, Virginia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were able to check in at 10AM the day of our arrival. This worked out great since I had an appointment at 12:30, 20 miles away and we needed to unpack to get ready for a meeting. Every one of the staff from front desk to cleaning staff greeted us and hoped we were going to enjoy our stay. The final night there was a teenage softball team staying at the hotel and they were a little noisy and running in halls. Breakfast was very good and a great selection of items to eat. I always stay here when I come down for fall conferences.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Bristow, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were there for a softball tournament. Great location, great price. Hampton Inn is always my first choice and this is one of the better ones I have stayed at. The bar attached to the hotel was a little loud at times but we joined in on the fun. The hotel was very crowded but the staff was always very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends