“Small lobby. Delayed checking-in.”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been to many Hampton inn and this one does not meet my expectation. I tried to check in on time. The receptionist was apologetic as the room were not ready. She asked for my cellphone number and promised to call me when it is ready. I waited 45 minutes and check again. The lady has gone for the day without letting anyone I'm waiting for the call. The room is very average for an Hampton inn. The breakfast area was adequate with typical Hampton inn selection. Parking is convenient compared to other hotels in VA Beach we previously stayed. The view of the ocean from our room with a deck is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a far south end room. The doors to the garage is at that end at all level.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pogisitony

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently my family stayed at this hotel this weekend and here is my input on the facility, staff, amenities and more. The location is right on the beach and all the rooms face the beach. Make sure you book your reservations early if you are going during peak season months for vacation. They dont require that you stay more than one night which is convenient if you live close and just want to get away for a day. The staff is very courteous, professional and efficient. The hotel offers late checkout, free breakfast consisting of hot and cold items, eggs, waffles, yogurt, plenty of fruit and trays for taking food back to your room if desired. They also have a 24 hour tea and coffee station and a business center if you need to work on anything that comes up and you forgot to bring your laptop. Make sure you turn the air on in your room first thing especially if you are going in August just fyi. The view is nice and if you can get a room higher up I suggest that as well. There is a Naval Base in Va. Beach so during the day jets are flying by constantly but you get used to it. The rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, cable, free wi-fi for Hilton Honors members and AT&T hot spot. We normally stay at the North Hampton Inn which is equally nice. Bike rentals and plenty of shopping available and you can walk everywhere. They also have free parking. If you have plenty of Hilton points its worth the stay.

Room Tip: I would choose a higher room just for the view number one. Also if you are on the end you have less...
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were extremely satisfied with our hotel. Staff was super nice, respectful and helpful. Room, bathroom and hotel were extremely well kept. Complimentary breakfast was very great. Wish there were more protein options for me as I cannot have gluten. Everything looked good; however, was not able to eat much but fruit. Everything else was superb. Next time will prepare better for gluten free items. I'm sure they would be able to accommodate if planned it ahead of time. Love this place and the staff.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room was nice, the breakfast was plentiful with lots of variety. Location was great. The room had a private balcony where it was very pleasant to sit and look out into the ocean. The only disappointment was that the front desk staff did not honor the 2 p.m. check out time listed on my reservation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I would highly recommened this hotel. Cleanliness,suburb Friendly, excellent Beach around the hotel was a great family beach with lots of activities for the family expecially the children The view was great for the beach and watching the sun come up each morning. The entire staff was extremely friendly and not afraid to clown around or talk to you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and stayed here for a weekend get away on Saturday, 7/26. Since I used to travel quite a bit for work, I have stayed in my fair share of Hilton Family Hotels. While you typically know what to expect in terms of quality, safety, cleanliness, and comfort from this hotel chain, this property was an exception to the rule. While the hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the physical itself property was a total disappointment. The front entrance reeked of trash from the dumpsters, the entire hallway of the floor we stayed on smelled of wet dog. Our roomed smelled as though someone had been grooming animals, and had a swarm of fruit flies or gnats that, no matter what we did, they kept coming back. Our room/balcony was flush with the roof top from the restaurant downstairs, and there was an abundance of trash strewn across the rooftop/our balcony which smelled horrible and kept us from spending anytime out there. It also attracted an assortment bugs and birds.

Because we were staying on the second floor we attempted to use the stairwell instead of the elevator. Because the stairwells are shared between the floors and the parking deck, you have to use you key card to get back onto the floor you are headed to. Two of the three entrances we tried to use would not accept our key card (which still worked for our room). I then had to run back down the stairs (carrying beach gear), down the hallway to wait for the elevator to take it up 1 floor, then go back down the hallway to let me wife in, and then back to our room.

Needless to say, we will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Birdies99
Reviewed 5 August 2014

While this Hampton Inn wasn't quite up to the standards I was used to from a Hampton Inn, the location is great--right on the Boardwalk and ocean. We sat on our balcony in the morning and of an evening and watched the ocean and the people walking by or riding bicycles. There is also a Hampton Inn North, which looks nicer. Now that we are more familiar with the area, I believe we should have stayed on the north end of the Boardwalk. The shops are nicer, and it is closer to the main stage area. The Boardwalk is fabulous, with live music every six or seven blocks, and plenty of restaurants. You never have to leave the Boardwalk, and can be entertained.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple