We stayed at this hotel from 8/12 - 8/17/09. I was a little scared after some of the less than positive comments but we really loved this hotel. The positives are the excellent location, ocean views, free breakfast (which had an excellent and attentive staff), friendly staff, brand new rooms, nice big flat screen TV's, separate vanity area outside the bath, nice decor, easy parking, etc. The only real negative and this was just really a minor annoyance was the housekeeping. I'll agree with another reviewer that I'm not sure they have enough staff. We always go to the beach from about 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. That should be enough time for the housekeeping staff to get in and out but on several days we returned to our room and they had not been there yet. Hopefully that will improve. We have been coming to the oceanfront for about 12 years now and have stayed in at least 6 different hotels. This one was the nicest we have stayed in for the price we paid. The pool and exercise area were very small so if the pool is something you are going to use alot, you should go elsewhere. I just never use the pool when the ocean is right outside my door and I never use the exercise room when the great boardwalk is right outside your door for jogging, skateboarding, cycling, etc. The internet access was high speed, it just was not wireless which was fine for us. Hopefully by the time we return next year they will have added beach/oceanfront access from the rear of the hotel and an outdoor dining area would also be great! Overall, we loved this hotel (especially the morning breakfast room staff who were the best!) and as long as they don't increase the prices a lot after this first year, we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach located directly on the boardwalk. Right outside our doors, you'll find the sandy shores of the beach, bicycle rentals, and beautiful scenery. We are attached to the 11th Street Taphouse so stop in for a bite and a drink after a day in the sun. Every room in our hotel has an ocean view so you will never miss a sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn