Spent Memorial Day weekend (Thurs-Sun) here with spouse and 12 year old son (2 queen beds; very comfy!). This is not the Ritz Carlton or the 4 Seasons; what it is, is a solid, clean property with excellent value. In its class, this is definitely the only place to stay on the VA beach oceanfront strip (Atlantic Ave). In fact, the only other worthwhile hotel on the *entire strip* would be the sister Hilton property at the far north end, but for the price, the value of this property far surpasses anything the Hilton could offer, except maybe room service. Newly remodeled, *CLEAN!!*, comfortable accommodations and all oceanfront rooms with balconies. Rooms are surprisingly spacious for this class of hotel and the bathroom (again, sparking clean) has a huge vanity. No complaints about the room whatsoever (except maybe that it would have been nice to get a wifi spot in the room itself-but this is not a big deal!); lobby and common areas clean and cheerfully managed by helpful staff; free breakfast in dining room if you want it in the morning; 24 hour coffee service in lobby (free); indoor pool; boardwalk steps outside the door; ocean a few feet away. This end of the strip is close enough to walk to all the festivities on Atlantic Ave, but far enough away where you are not right in the middle of the circus that it becomes at night. Safe and secure property, well-staffed with helpful employees. Parking on levels 1-5 with floor access at each. Only drawback is the property's newly launched Tap House restaurant, which really needs to get its act together, but this should not reflect on the Hampton Inn itself. This is a trusty, solid property and I would stay again/recommend. For those traveling off the strip, Busch Gardens/Williamsburg is less than an hour away, as are many other attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach located directly on the boardwalk. Right outside our doors, you'll find the sandy shores of the beach, bicycle rentals, and beautiful scenery. We are attached to the 11th Street Taphouse so stop in for a bite and a drink after a day in the sun. Every room in our hotel has an ocean view so you will never miss a sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn