“Disappointed by the management of the hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Disappointed by the management of the hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel was in a good location for our visit. We were there for two nights. Our room was on the backside of the hotel and the view was of high power electrical lines which went over the hotel. Oh well, that wasn't that important for this visit because we weren't in the room except to sleep.

The first day housekeeping skipped us. So when we returned to the room it was exactly how we left it. So we had to call and get extra towels and deal with the room as it was. Also the first day we went to breakfast about 8am. We were the only ones there except for the breakfast "attendant" person. She was sitting there watching the tv. I went to get cereal and there were no bowls. She was totally oblivious to the supplies in the breakfast area!

The second day we had a similar experience at breakfast. Again, it was empty except for the same "attendant" who was diligently watching tv. There was no milk available in the canisters. Now note that this was early in the morning (about 8:30) and there was no one there. The hotel only had about 10 total cars so the place was pretty empty. Additionally, the huge trash can to throw everything away was literally spilling over! The girl in the breakfast area apparently was doing nothing! Not sure why she was even there.

On the positive side, the guy at the front desk was very helpful to us. It's a shame no one else in the hotel had his attitude.

Bottom line, I think that the issues with this hotel was because the hotel manager does not hold the staff accountable for high (or even mediocre) service.

Room Tip: If you prefer to look at a parking lot instead of an industrial area with high power electrical line...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JackTravl
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I am very disappointed as well that your stay was less than perfect. I am very shocked to hear the details of your stay. I can assure you I will follow up with the people involved in dropping the ball as I do not accept nothing but top notch service.

I also want to assure you that I am a hands on manager that takes comments and suggestions to heart. In other words feedback good and bad help make any operation better; so thank you for taking the time to write. If you would like to provide the details of your stay I would appreciate the opportunity to identify staff that needs some coaching to ensure others do not experience this very untypical behavior.

I hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you!

Warm Regards,

comfortinnvbgm@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
SMF
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Extremely pleased with my stay from start to finish. Well maintained property. My room was very clean and comfortable and I found the staff to be efficient, friendly and courteous. Highly recommended. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time write about your experience. My staff and I love to hear positive feedback.

We look forward to your return!!

Warm Regards,

Kinsale, VA, USA
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed here just before Christmas to visit family in the area. Our room was immaculate and spacious, the bedding was very comfortable. We missed the breakfast, but it smelled wonderful! There is a Starbucks, Jersey Mike's, Krispy Kreme, ABC (liquor) and sushi in walking distance. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
My staff and I are very glad to hear you had a great time while visiting family. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and have a great 2014!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently traveled to the Virginia Beach area for business. I was only down there once before many years ago and did not recall the area being very nice. To my surprise, the area has completely turned around and has a modern feel to the city. I was very impressed! The Comfort Inn & Suites is in a very central location close to the beach, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel staff was very accommodating when directing me to places I needed or wanted to visit. They also were very friendly and welcoming every time I passed through the lobby. The hotel is newly renovated and extremely clean which is very important to me when trying to get the “feel at home” experience while away on business travel. I will be traveling back down in a few weeks and I already have my room booked. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area to consider Comfort Inn & Suites for a quality stay and at a great rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BB198119
My apologies for the late response; thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience. It truly does help fine tune the operation and also lets us know when we are doing things right; so again thank you!

My staff and I look forward to your return!!

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My family and I went on a trip to go fishing down in Virginia Beach. Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by the front desk that went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. Our hotel was clean which is always a must in my checklist. The fishing piers were close by and so were a lot of places to eat! Our choices ranged from the complimentary breakfast at the hotel, Krispy Kreme, the Waffle House, and we especially enjoyed the seafood at Aberdeen Barn Steakhouse. Worth every penny and looking forward to staying there again on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana I
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
I am very pleased to hear you took advantage of what the area has to offer. I love the Aberdeen Barn and fishing myself! Thanks so much for staying with us and taking your valuable time to write a review of your experience with us.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here with a few friends this past summer for a weekend birthday getaway. The location was great with a Krispy Kreme and more importantly an ABC store in walking distance! I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and how well maintained the hotel was in general. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful when asked for recommendations on things to do and restaurants in the area. My friends and I all agreed the rate and quality of the customer service was impressive and we will definitely be coming back on our next VA beach stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sera C
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review of your experience. My staff and I love reading comments such as yours. It really does go a long way for us and for future guests!

Thanks again and have a wonderful New Year!!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

You can't beat this hotel... Just the right price and great rooms and service! my wife and i were very happy and she tends to be picky but this time no complaints! Would recommend this to all my friends and family. Thanks George!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
It means a lot when our guests take the time to comment on their experience at our hotel. Thanks so much for being our guest and I hope you have a great holiday season!

We look forward to seeing you in the new year if not sooner!