“The worst”

Seashire Inn & Suites
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“The worst”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Booked through Priceline. Thought we were getting a two bedroom suite as advertised but when we got there it was a one bedroom with a living room. We are not staying. Asking Priceline for refund. Trip was ruined! Warning - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Rvwells229

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Bathtub had hair in it. Sheets had holes. Cigarette smoke seeps through the vents. People loiter outside smoking. They called me to come move my car while I was at dinner. I requested a refund to no avail.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cbs92

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2013

STOP NOW AND LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT HOTEL!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are okay with sleeping with spiders and other unknown creatures. The rooms smell like a mix between mold and sewage. I could barely stand to be in the room for more than 2 minutes. The one bed had a large brown stain, the air conditioner was in several pieces, there was a pill laying on the ground, and spiders all along the ceiling. After looking at the quality of the rooms we tried to get our money back and leave, but they refused to refund. Just please dont waste your time and money on this place!!

Room Tip: My only tip is, go somewhere else!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jay T
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

All the bad rep of this place is true, and more, we made reservations online n when we arrived to parking lot, we knew we had made am mistake, nevertheless, we wanted to see the room right away, the door was broken, no AC, toilet was nasty, and bath disgusting, there wereas some iffy looking guys milling around in parking lot n stairs. We immediately turn back and had to fight for a refund, which we got after much arguing.
THIS IS A ROACH MOTEL TO THE T.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Traveling_Latina_10
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I cannot speak about the rooms, as we never got to see one. We booked on Priceline. Showed up at 11pm to a closed office. When we knocked at the window a woman came, looking very angry to have been roused out of bed. She informed us they had no rooms. We told her we had a reservation, she insisted there were no reservations, refused to look at our confirmation number, and walked away. When priceline was calling they simply didn't answer the phone, and they would not come back to the door when we knocked again. From the look of the reviews, we got off easy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Addie S
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My friend and I have stayed in some pretty bad hotels and motels, but nothing compares to the Sandpiper Inn. I was yelled at, hung up on, and called nasty names by the manager multiples times. She repeatedly lied to me about her identity, claiming that there was no manager to speak to each time I called (I could hear her and another woman laughing at me in the background). She wasted about 10 hours total of my time before I was finally able to get a refund from her on check-in day when I arrived to find my room more than inadequate. Also, beware of the "10 minute refund" policy because if you don't request a refund within 10 minutes they won't give you one. Receiving my refund also required an Expedia employee to speak with the nasty woman at the front desk multiple times and the Expedia woman ended up crying! In our room, the lights did not work...as in the room was total darkness. Also, about 15-20 very shady characters were standing outside of their un-air conditioned rooms with the doors open smoking cigarettes and drinking out of 40 oz bottles of malt liquor staring at us when we drove in. It looked like a familywatchdog.com convention in the parking lot. Inside of the room, there was a "kitchen" which was a 5x5 room with a small sink and a bolt on the outside of the door...which I suppose could come in handy should you decide to capture the drug addict who will most likely break in to your room late at night. The whole place smelled like a combination of cigarettes and urine. I am shocked that this motel does not rent by the hour...and I am more shocked that it has not been condemned and torn down.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room...don't even drive in to the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Elaine R
ashland
Reviewed 22 August 2012

im sitting in this hotel now and everything is 10000 percent correct.First walking n the room smelt horrible!!About 30 mins of getting settled i went to the bathroom and found a HUGE roach in the toilet. Then i felt itchy and decided to ask for a refund for the NEXT day i had planned on staying...OF course that was a no go. I have a one year old with me and this being the cheapest hotel in VA beach was not worth it. I plan on leaving the beach tomorrow and wasting 59.99....WORST HOTEL EVER AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ME OR MY DAUGHTER IM REPORTING THEM, GETTIN A REFUND, AND praying to god no one else stays here EVER!!! ive never written a review about anything and this def deserved the time for me to sit and write this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family