“Worst place I've ever stayed in.”

Seashire Inn & Suites
Ranked #105 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Radford, Virginia
“Worst place I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

On our arrival to our room it was not the room described in brochure. Upon entering the room, the smell of urine, smoke and dirt filled our nostrils. Within no time we switched rooms that we were told was an upgrade - no, looked just like first same unhealthy conditions. Tried to make best of situation - then comes the ROACHES - everywhere in fridge, microwave all over. Front desk lady says she had exterminator over the day before and that is why they are out now. Like it was normal. Immediately we wanted a refund and be checked out. Well she would give us 2 nights deposit back but needed $45 in cash before she could do it. We had already paid over $100 more than the booking price ? now more money. Needless to say we had to pay it and looked for another hotel at midnight with a 3-year-old in tow. Can anyone tell me who to report this hotel.

5 Thank yahoomailzpw1

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2010

In all of my 50+ years I have never stayed in such a dump! The bathtub was black, bugs were smashed on the ceiling, the refrigerator was rusty, the beds were wrapped in plastic, there was no place to plug in the lamp, the sliding door onto the deck did not work and you could not see through the glass, the front door jam stuck, and the towels were filthy. $150 for this room was highway robbery! The board of health needs to inspect this place and shut it down.

5 Thank ccac

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

crown city, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 12 August 2010

First, rooms were horrible. Had to stay here, no other rooms found. I was told this was renovated in November 2009 but not that it was trashed soon after. Second, had to stay 3 long nights. Went to Walmart and bought blankets, would not get under the covers. First night, owner and guest next door fought as owner was throwing them out. Lots of yelling and cursing. Second night, room next door (new occupants) had a party, this time noone would stop it. More noise, no sleep. Third night, room next door had a female occupant who was being satisfied time after time by a number of male suitors. 3 nights and the most sleep I got was on the beach. I had no maid service the entire stay and had to track down the maid just to get some towels.
There is a reason why the vacancy sign stays lit.

4 Thank smitty2010_10
Elkin, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I can't urge you enough not to stay at this establishment! The hotels in the area were pretty much sold out so we had to stay there. If I would have known what I know now I would have rather drove the 6 hours back home! The rooms are simply nasty! Our room had a sliding glass door on the rear of it that would not close except for the home made lock. The phone did not work god forbid we would have to call 911 for any reason. The bathroom door would not close and the door knob was falling off. The tub has burns all over it, the mirror has some kind of black residue all over it and the T.V. is so wacked out that everything is either green or blue. The matteress' are covered in plastic and I can't decide if it is to keep the bed bugs out or in. We had to block in about 5 other cars in order to park where we would not be towed. This is the most awful place we have ever stayed! There is not one good thing I can say about this place. Places like this should be torn down for the safety of the public!

3 Thank dgilreath
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Roaches all over the place, had to wrestle with the door to shut it as well as open it. Holes in the wall that looked like they had been shot through. Need I say anymore?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Dollissa
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Can say enough about the stay my family and I had with the Sandpiper inn the Virginia beach. The beach was within walking distance along with plenty of places to eat and drink. The kids had a great time. If you are looking for an affordable place in Virginia beach, I would recommend this motel for your next stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sam2678
virginia, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We just got back from Virginia Beach. We stayed at the sandpiper inn and got our room for less than any other of the 40 hotels/motels I called. It had all the necessary things we needed for a week at he beach.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family