“Yum!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have plenty of parking! Carnegie Deli Cheesecake! Melt in your mouth Pastrami! Home of the award-winning Super Reuben!!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We got it as carry out. Great corned beef sandwich, hot dog with chili and potato pancakes. Friendly service.

1  Thank jennfier s

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Portions are huge, staff is friendly, it's a little costly but taste wise and generous portion size make it worth it!

1  Thank krmihalk
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As a NJ native now living in the south, I sometimes (OK, always) long for a chance to get a great pastrami sandwich once in a while. Now I know that whenever I get to Virginia Beach I have that chance. When we arrived at the Route 58 Deli there were people lined up, and we expected a long wait. However, they are very efficient at turning over free tables, and we hardly waited at all. Once seated, the friendly server asked if we had visited before and offered samples. Once I got a look at that generous sample of pastrami I was hooked. The sandwich was all I could have hoped for; warm, juicy, flavorful pastrami piled high. I noticed another review that actually complained that the sandwich was too big! They do offer a smaller version if you don't think you can handle it. Recommended!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restaurant portends to be the Virginia Beach version of New York's famous Carnegie Deli. It's not. Although it's sandwich proportions are as big as the Carnegie Deli's, the quality and taste don't match it. On the occasion of our visit my wife and I decided to have lunch here. The decor is early New Jersey/New York with all decorations relating to the owners life and times in New Jersey. It's quaint and as a native New Yorker the decor does bring back memories of my growing up in Brooklyn. Getting to the food, my wife ordered a Shrimp Salad Sandwich and I ordered a Roast Beef with a potato salad side order. The roast beef was piled high on the sourdough bread, (at least a 1/2 lb of meat) it was thinly sliced and medium rare but had almost no taste to it. The shrimp salad was also piled high but my wife said it tasted like it came out of a can and not freshly made. The potato salad was OK but for a restaurant that portends to be a NY style Deli it was no where near the quality or taste. Considering that this lunch cost over $57, it was not worth it. For that price I expect a lot better quality. In addition the sandwiches are way too big, the normal person cannot finish one of these monsters no matter how good it tastes...They need to offer sandwiches half that size at more reasonable prices. If you are looking for a NY deli experience, this really isn't the place to go.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Huge portions, more than most can eat in one setting... The Ruben was very good I got corn beef .. My wife really enjoyed The Turk the bacon was cooked perfectly and tons of it. The choc cake was amazing... The place is very clean, and there is a lot to see various pics on the wall.. and collectibles.. I cant really say much anyone else has not.. plan to pay about $20 a person with drink.. its not cheap but its worth it..