“McYes!”

MacThrift Motor Inn
MacThrift Motor Inn
Ranked #94 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed five nights during July, 2013. Efficiency apartment was clean and well maintained. Ample Parking, spotless pool and friendly and pleasant office staff. Minute walk to the tourist strip. Can't beat it for the price! For travels on a budget, this is the place!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank stm2014

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room my husband and I were in was very clean. There were no roaches or any other type of bugs and the beds, bathroom and kitchenette clean. The price is reasonable. I must admit, after reading other peoples comments, I was leary, however, you just have to check it out for yourself, in which we did and was pleased. We went there for my birthday at the end of this past June, stayed for three nights and we had a wonderful time. One block away from the beach, everything was in walking distance and we never had to move our car. All I can say is, "try it for yourself." You won't be disappointed, I will come back again and again. Also, the staff was polite and very friendly. Thank you MacThrift Motor Inn for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alfreda B
Reviewed 31 August 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! It is infested with roaches, the cleanliness of the rooms where horrible, handprints on windows, cabinets n under the microwave were not cleaned, the whole room was filthy and nasty. ROACHES WERE COMING OUT OF EVERYWHERE N THE ROOM!!! I went to the clerk n they refused a refund and offered to move us to an apartment for $22 more or they would come and spray the room, which would of done NO good! This place is the trashed place in Virginia beach!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank tplumley36
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Do yourself a favor and drive on by this dump. I honestly can't believe the city of VB allows this dump to operate ! Shame on you city officials for letting this type of thing go on with your visitors. This place was in one word was....atrocious!!!!! We rented the room for two nights, after actually seeing this room we asked for a refund, we paid in cash and the old lady at the desk refused.....we asked who owned the place and she became very irritated and elusive in her answer. I'm contacting VB BBC and tourism office about this.....We are forever soured on VB because of this experience. Can't believe this joint could ever pass a health or safety inspection !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TakeMeAway715
Reviewed 6 September 2012

DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS DUMP........
Its infested with: Drug addicts and drug dealers, alcoholics, prostitutes and the city of va beach puts its homeless up there too.
Jeanette the manager is a crusty old lady that needs to get a job where she does not have to deal with the public.... So she can get her drink on.
The whole place is filthy. they have been shut down for bedbugs a couple of times and they still have them.Its roach infested, the carpets are dirty and the rooms smell like youy know what.
There is not security and the cars get robbed all the time. Ther are muggings in the parking lot, One was a bike cop... It was on the news and in the paper. I would rather sleep in a bush than stay here...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Beware of this NASTY motel. I cried when we got here and most of the next day - I wanted a nice, relaxing get-away weekend. Boy were we in for a surprise. It was the dirtiest motel I have ever stepped foot in. It smelled like vomit, and the walls were "textured" in some type of filth." I did not see bugs but slept with lights on. My feet were dirtier after getting out of the shower than before I got in after going to beach. There was sooo much noise all night - I was apprehensive to go outside or look out the window after dark. Our car was hit in the parking lot. I am hoping we do not get scabies. We left early because of fear for our lives and health status. DO NOT STAY HERE. We actually will never go to Virginia Beach on vacation again!! However the AC was good. Please stay away for your own safety.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Chuckb65
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Not bad at all for the cost. Motel is dated but everything was in working order. Room was clean. No bugs or any of that as other reviews state. Short walk to beach. Would stay again if funds were limited. Staff nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2012