“The Cutty Sark brought back my childhood days...”
other travellers have booked this property
THE WHITE HOUSE ACROSS FROM THE HOTEL AND POOL STEPS FROM THE MIGHTY ATLANTIC
FUN FOR EVERYONE
VIEW TO OCEAN ON 37TH STREET IN FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE
COLEOUS IN GARDEN
ORIENTAL LILLYS IN GARDEN
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

3 of 5 bubbles Average - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

jck1962
ddrum2009
“Terrible teriible customer service from the manager”
Reviewed 30 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

I never got a chance to stay here because of Hurricane Irene, we all know what damage this storm did along the East coast, with days of flooding in the Northeast, when I called to cancel no one answered the phones. I sent an e-mail letting them know we would not be able to make our trip due to the weather and requests from Governors across four states not to travel, I asked for a refund and was told by the manager, sun is shining here, we have electric, it's not our fault you can't get here, I even suggested splitting the difference and he flatly refused stating I booked my room June 19th, I had plenty of time to cancel, this trip was for my Honeymoon, I did not cancel because I did not want to travel, stay away from this place!!!!!

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Aug 2011
As we all know, we cannot control the weather. The Cutty Sark can guarantee our accommodations are available to you for the dates requested. Cancellations policies are in place to protect both parties. You might consider travel insurance the next time you book a vacation.
20746
Washington
“Old & Shabby”
Reviewed 24 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the old efficiency hotel and could handle only two nights there. The room I had was not appealling with the old cinder block walls, strange ceilings and very worn out furnishings. There are no phones, but I had my cell and the TV was old with bad reception along with the cable panel hanging from the wall. Everything in the room/bathroom is in dire need of a serious upgrade. Parking was also tight in the small lot and designated areas. The jets flying around the area is extremely loud and can be annoying for early sleepers. The only good thing about this place is the convenient location and my balcony that had an ocean view.

2 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 1 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: ocean view from balcony
Liked least: Shabby room and cheap worn out furnishings & stained towels
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
24 Aug 2011
The Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel is indeed vintage. We have enjoyed generations of families that continue to make the Cutty Sark their lodging of choice. We have been able to enjoy watching their families grow and become part of our family.

The jets, Oceana Naval Air Station is the largest air base in the world. We are so fortunate to have "the sound of freedom" at our oceanfront. Our jets were first responders on 9/11. Some guests refer to our jets as a free air show.
Cobb_Isla...
Cobb Island, MD
“The Cutty Sark brought back my childhood days. Very retro.”
Reviewed 5 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed in an efficiency and it was perfect for the 2 of us. What I found truly unique about this property was its staff. They are very knowledgeable about the area, wanted to please us in every way and have a great sense of humor. Linens were changed in our efficiency every day and was cleand. What is also great is the location of the property. We were away from the busy nightlife but close enough to take a walk to nightly concerts, stores, restaurants, etc. All of these properties have an ocean view. Shuttle stop was right out front of the property which ran every 10 to 15 minutes. There are other properties owned by the same Innkeeper across the street which would hold groups of people.

4 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
5 Jul 2011
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. WE HAVE BEEN ON THIS CORNER OF THE WORLD FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS AND GUEST SUCH AS YOURSELF CONTINUE TO GIVE US GREAT PLEASURE. DO COME AGAIN. ALL THE BEST. MS. KOCH, INNKEEPER
djs058
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome Stay at the Cutty Sark Motel”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

This was a last minute trip and I our first trip to VA Beach and we were very lucky to have found the Cutty Sark Motel! Not only was our accomodations clean, but a step from the Beach! We had everything we needed; two double beds, eating area, living area, full kitchen, laundry, and access to grill out our own food. The staff was very friendly and we met some very nice people staying at the Cutty Sark as well. I would return and highly recommend the motel to enjoy your vaation in a simplistic way.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
19 May 2011
THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AT THE CUTTY SARK. WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS, DO COME AGAIN SOON. MOST CORDIALLY YOURS,
MS. J. KOCH INNKEEPER
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$190
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing