“wonderful brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Virginia
“wonderful brunch”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Back Bay Gourmet's Sunday brunch is wonderful. They open at 10am and reservations are highly recommended. The ingredients are very fresh and portions are generous. The staff is very friendly and provide good service. I highly recommend any of the omelets, the egg benedict with crab cake and the waffles.

• Visited June 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Absolute Favorite Hands Down”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I love Back Bay. L-O-V-E it.

They make almost everything fresh here and you can tell.

First, the sweet tea is amazing which is bigtime important to me. I love their lattes and they make fresh homemade whipped creamed to top them with. My personal favorite is Almond Vanilla and Double Chocolate Mocha but they're all pretty good (Dolche de Leche is another fav).

They have three menus - Brunch, Lunch and Dinner all with different yummy options depending on the time of day you arrive. (Brunch is only available on Sunday but is available all day long while they are open).

From brunch I have tried the pancakes, sweet potato biscuits with fried green tomato and BLT sweet potato biscuit (amazing) as well as their breakfast potatoes, breakfast assorted fruit side, fresh orange juice and cheesy grits. It's all good but the sweet potato biscuits are fresh baked and yummy while the cheesy grits are blow your mind good.

For lunch I've had the tuna salad crossaint sandwich with their pesto pasta side and sweet potato fries which are also delish as well as small side salads (which are huge).

Dinner I have tried the BLT pizza starter on naan bread (YUM) as well as the wedge salad with homemade ranch dressing that is to die for. I've also had their Back Bay burger which is one of their signature burgers and probably one of the most popular dinner menu items. I can tell why. The burger is amazing and large and delicious. I've also had their veggie pasta which is an assortment of veggies (zucchini, red onion, tomato, spinach I believe) with penne tossed in a white lemon sauce that is soooo delicious I could literally drink it. At dinner they'll bring you fresh baked bread which is different depending on the day with whipped butter, yum.

Our servers are fantastic, we go so often they now know us so we have excellent service and they are friendly and polite and always prompt when asked for items.

They have gelato, cupcakes, cookies and brownies for dessert but our favorite is the brownie sundae which is a HUGE brownie that takes them about 10-15 minutes because they bake/heat it when you order it with vanilla ice cream, sliced bananas and caramel drizzle. My boyfriend loves it.

Their dinner and appetizer salads are gigantic so a small is all you need and they are all really good, I've tried them each.

They also offer holiday meals you can order and pick up and heat up for 8-10 people at a reasonable price that are amazing. We tried the X-mas one last year and plan to do Thanksgiving this year.

By the front door there are freezers with quick pre-made frozen dinner options and we've tried a few.

Basically everything here is made fresh and made with love. It's delicious and you can tell that the owners take pride in what they offer to customers.

They also do to-go orders and try to go out of their way to accomodate special requests when they can.

My absolute favorite find in Virginia Beach by far. The food is phenominal and for a foodie/fresh snob such as myself I consider it a gem.

• Visited May 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great sandwiches and Salads ordered at the counter”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a good place for fresher and more organic salads and sandwiches. They are a little pricey for this kind of menu. They do not have any service; you have to order at one counter and pay attention to pick up your food at the other counter. They have a little stark outside eating area overlooking the parking lot.

Visited April 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great fresh food, fast”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We've only been once but plan to go back often. We had a special of the day, "North Shore" sandwich on naan bread with grilled chicken, bacon, pineapple and a delicious sauce with a side of pasta salad. Our other meal was The Nags Head: "A hearty portion of sliced roast beef and our horseradish sauce on crusty French bread with lettuce and tomato." The restaurant was busy, with all of the tables filled at noon on a Tuesday. You can dine in or take out.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank nsmartist
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Variety and Quality at a Reasonable Price- Don't Miss It”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We tried the Back Bay Gourmet for Sunday Brunch in southern Virginia Beach (Red Mill Area) on the advice of a friend who lives in that region. It was good advice indeed. The restaurant is also a bakery and catering establishment and makes meals to go for busy work days and a store. The menu is pretty extensive and although we went there with the idea of getting sandwiches we ended up sharing two items on the Brunch menu. We had the Sweet Potato biscuit BLT sandwich and the daily Special vegetable omelet. The brunch items come with a choice of sausage or bacon or fruit cup and the choice of cheese grits or home fires. We chose the Fruit cup and the home fries on the BLT order and the Cheese grits and bacon on the omelet. The BLT was exceptional, it was made up of apple wood smoked bacon, a fried egg, and fresh tomato slices, lettuce and a wonderful mayo based sauce. It absolutely melts in your mouth. The only issue is it is so tall you almost need to unhinge your jaw to bite into it. The vegetable omelet was equally special, and quite substantial, and the cheese grits and other sides were very good. We also had a side order of multigrain bread toast and it was very good and we could not eat it all. The sandwich menu is quite alluring and will be tested for sure next time. We viewed the bakery items and they looked very good. We just couldn’t eat any more that early in the day. The Restaurant area is pretty good size and also has outdoor tables for days when the weather permits. Service was excellent and the place was very busy. I highly recommend it to anyone in the area, and for a visit from anyone outside the area. It is top notch and not to be missed.

• Visited January 2014