“Vb local spot”

Ranked #301 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Va. Beach
“Vb local spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great food wish they had more on there menu great atmosphere. Great employes they went way over to make sure our food or any togo order was just what we where expecting

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Menu had fabulous choices and different versions of classic sandwiches. First class all the way.... I wish I would have tried the cupcakes!

Visited July 2014
“What a pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I paid my first visit to Back Bay Gourmet this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. From the outside, it looked more like a gift shop, but inside it was very nice. The gift shop is part of it, but the dining area is cozy and the people were very friendly. Our food was DELICIOUS, but the service did take a while. Apparently they were understaffed that day, and our waitress wasn't too good about removing plates. BUT, I will definitely return for the food, and will give the service a second chance. (As an added bonus, the place has gourmet food in a freezer that you can take home and cook for a nice gourmet "home-cooked" meal when needed.)

• Visited June 2014
Virginia
“wonderful brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Back Bay Gourmet's Sunday brunch is wonderful. They open at 10am and reservations are highly recommended. The ingredients are very fresh and portions are generous. The staff is very friendly and provide good service. I highly recommend any of the omelets, the egg benedict with crab cake and the waffles.

• Visited June 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Absolute Favorite Hands Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I love Back Bay. L-O-V-E it.

They make almost everything fresh here and you can tell.

First, the sweet tea is amazing which is bigtime important to me. I love their lattes and they make fresh homemade whipped creamed to top them with. My personal favorite is Almond Vanilla and Double Chocolate Mocha but they're all pretty good (Dolche de Leche is another fav).

They have three menus - Brunch, Lunch and Dinner all with different yummy options depending on the time of day you arrive. (Brunch is only available on Sunday but is available all day long while they are open).

From brunch I have tried the pancakes, sweet potato biscuits with fried green tomato and BLT sweet potato biscuit (amazing) as well as their breakfast potatoes, breakfast assorted fruit side, fresh orange juice and cheesy grits. It's all good but the sweet potato biscuits are fresh baked and yummy while the cheesy grits are blow your mind good.

For lunch I've had the tuna salad crossaint sandwich with their pesto pasta side and sweet potato fries which are also delish as well as small side salads (which are huge).

Dinner I have tried the BLT pizza starter on naan bread (YUM) as well as the wedge salad with homemade ranch dressing that is to die for. I've also had their Back Bay burger which is one of their signature burgers and probably one of the most popular dinner menu items. I can tell why. The burger is amazing and large and delicious. I've also had their veggie pasta which is an assortment of veggies (zucchini, red onion, tomato, spinach I believe) with penne tossed in a white lemon sauce that is soooo delicious I could literally drink it. At dinner they'll bring you fresh baked bread which is different depending on the day with whipped butter, yum.

Our servers are fantastic, we go so often they now know us so we have excellent service and they are friendly and polite and always prompt when asked for items.

They have gelato, cupcakes, cookies and brownies for dessert but our favorite is the brownie sundae which is a HUGE brownie that takes them about 10-15 minutes because they bake/heat it when you order it with vanilla ice cream, sliced bananas and caramel drizzle. My boyfriend loves it.

Their dinner and appetizer salads are gigantic so a small is all you need and they are all really good, I've tried them each.

They also offer holiday meals you can order and pick up and heat up for 8-10 people at a reasonable price that are amazing. We tried the X-mas one last year and plan to do Thanksgiving this year.

By the front door there are freezers with quick pre-made frozen dinner options and we've tried a few.

Basically everything here is made fresh and made with love. It's delicious and you can tell that the owners take pride in what they offer to customers.

They also do to-go orders and try to go out of their way to accomodate special requests when they can.

My absolute favorite find in Virginia Beach by far. The food is phenominal and for a foodie/fresh snob such as myself I consider it a gem.

• Visited May 2014