“Kebobs were good! ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived right before close due to heavy traffic. I had been on ning this visit for a week. Nice restaurant. Server was great.
Ordered taboulleh and it arrived with cold (not room temp or warm) pita bread. Huge bed of lettuce, not a large serving of taboulleh. I'll ask to leave the lettuce out if I go again.
Husband and I both orders checked and steak kabobs. Very good! Tasty and tender. Child's kebob was set up to look like a stick figure. Very cute.
Baklava to go and it was excellent.
I'll probably try another Mediterranean establishment next time for comparison.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We love their gluten-free pizza, my gluten-free friend and I often go for lunch and split a pizza, and we can do it for about $10 each. (My picky dad is not on a GF diet, and he even loves the GF pizza, too!) They have some of the best food in the area. The Ugly Duckling dessert is OMG amazing and fabulous! They have wifi.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Best Mediterranean food I've had in a long time. Shawarma was great and so was the soup. Excellent, healthy place to eat on a weekday. Traffic in the Hilltop was much lighter than expected as well.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We are great fans of Mediterranean food, and by that we mean Turkish, Lebanese, Armenian, etc. We’ve been to Azar’s other two places in the Prescott area of Virginia Beach and in the Ghent area of Norfolk, and they are all excellent. This location features Azar’s usual excellent Mediterranean food plus the nicest ambiance of the three locations. The beef shawarma is excellent in a toasted wrap that doesn’t fall apart, and the grilled beef kebab plate is also excellent --- a spear of beef and one of vegetables as well as basmati rice, hummus and olives. In addition to a very pleasant décor and ambiance, the service was excellent as was the value. Don’t miss this wonderful Mediterranean restaurant whenever you’re in the Hilltop shopping area of Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Spanakopita was lite and fluffy - paired it with cold yogurt cucumber soup. Has a bar w/happy hour also. Don't pass it by simply because it's in a strip mall environment. Great vegetarian options.