“Great Haunted House”
Review of Nightmare Mansion

Nightmare Mansion
Ranked #58 of 128 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk, run, crawl, or get dragged through the narrow hallways and ultra dark corridors of one of the countries TOP TEN rated haunted attractions. Located on the resort strip of Virginia Beach, Virginia this is not your typical haunted house. Takes 8 to 10 minutes & YES, there are LIVE actors. *Over 25 years in operation - Enter at your own risk. **This attraction is very intense & designed for adults. We strongly recommend kids are at least 10 years of age. Please be aware there are no refunds.
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

The outside is really elaborate and so i thought they might have spent more time on that than the inside but i was wrong the inside is very elaborate and the set up has been done very meticulous so that every twist and turn has you ready to freak out. By the time i was at the end i wanted to turn around and do it again. They have a gift shop at the end that has some neat stuff although it is a little pricey but what gift shop isnt.

6  Thank darthvader0626

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This has been around for many years - I will be 33 in November and remember this being there when I was a teen. It has withstood the sands of time. It is a novelty but not sure it is worth the money. We had a better time at the one that was tore down further down the strip. This is still a good stop for the seeking thrills and chills.

1  Thank loveourweeones
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Without giving anything away,melts just say we were skeptical about a haunted mansion in Virginia Beach. Well, it was well worth visit and should be on your to do list of things to do while in Virginia Beach. Oh, not for young children. But teens on up is fine. 8 bucks per person to get in.

4  Thank joee5
Reviewed 16 August 2013

As one who has built top of the line, award winning haunted attractions for over 10 years I was understandably skeptical of this "Boardwalk haunt". I have done a number of these types of haunts where I was left feeling disappointed and wishing I would of bought a milkshake instead a ticket for the haunt. The man at the window did a great job. I asked him if it was really scary. He simply glared at me and with a half grin said "Scary? Oh, you WILL scream". He kind of gave me the creeps just in the way he said it. Then he let us in where we were instructed to walk to the second floor. As we were going up the steps he called out "Doctor! We have more for you! They want to know if its scaaaryy!" Just then it sounded as if the building its self was laughing with child like delight. What were we about to encounter?
We were then told to proceed forward. Now without giving anything away I can say that the props are very well placed. The sets are excellently set up and the creatures who live with in the walls are... well... lets just say they made it all the better. I did indeed scream. So as an old pro who has learned this trade from some other old pros I can honestly say that this is one of the best haunts I have seen. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a good scare while at Virginia Beach.
A few tips to others visiting...
1. Use restroom BEFORE going inside or you may use it while inside.
2. Keep some bills to tip the creatures who live in the walls. Other wise they may not allow you to leave.
3. When you exit, go to the corner and turn left. Walk past the gift shop and then turn left and do it all over again. There is much to see you will want to do this over and over... If you can handle it.

8  Thank AnthonyTGZ
Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was to scary to even have fun screaming in your face come on they shouldn't let kids come in!!!i don't think people should go to it wow the good reviews must be scareaholics DON'T TAKE YOUR CHILDREN!! Take the money and use it for a parking space and head to the beach much more fun and not scary!!!

2  Thank Boomgoesfireworks