“WORST RESTAURANT ON THE BEACH” 1 of 5 bubbles

Calabria Pizza
Ranked #921 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Wilmington, North Carolina
“WORST RESTAURANT ON THE BEACH”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

The worst, grossly overpriced food I have ever eaten. Claimed to have "famous" cheese fries that were burnt with what looked and tasted like microwaved cheese stuck to the top layer. The wings were dry and tasteless. The burgers looked like they were just thrown in the microwave and the pizza was left sitting out in the open with not even an attempt to keep fresh. No a/c so it was hotter inside than it was outside.
I understand most restaurants on the beach strip are aimed at tourists and therefore the standard is set lower, but I wouldn't even recommend this place to the most hungover tourists or even a starving wanderer. Everything about the place was disgusting and we instantly regretted paying for this food. Learn from my mistake and stay away. Hopefully the food inspectors will have this place shut down by my next trip to VA beach.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Hands Down The Best Pizza On Virginia Beach!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Trust me,I know my pizza and what it should look and taste like. I go every where across the country always looking for a good pie. This is the best pizza place on the beach. I go once a week now that I'm working in the area for 4 months.It's located between 17th and 18th st. on Atlantic ave. I met the owner and he's from Astoria/Queens,NY. He started this place down here and brought is authentic NY style with him.
I am warning you. It's not cheap but then nothing at a tourist destination usually is. You do get what you pay for tho.

• Visited July 2011