Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating it was a pleasure to stay there with my family. Rooms were clean, breakfast was good, My family and I will definitely will come back. It was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Elevator take a little longer, be patient
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lorena G,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that your whole experience with our hotel was excellent. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Jimmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the views spectacular, and immediate access to the beach.

Down sides:
Parking situation is a nightmare!
A/C in my first room wasn't working properly.. They switched me immediately.

They weren't able to check me in early I.e before 4pm. (Just a convenience issue). And, they did not upgrade me.. Again a just a preferential issue, I've been spoiled by all the other IHG hotels who upgrade me immediately once they see my reservation.

All in all I'd stay here again, though I may try the Holiday Inn down the street.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Scott H,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time and providing feedback about your recent stay. Thank you for the kind comments about your room cleanliness and how friendly our staff was. Parking is always an obstacle in a resort area, but the hotel does offer 3 different parking lots with the farthest one being only a block away. We hope the next time you visit Virginia Beach you would give our location a second chance.

JImmy
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family stayed there from July 18 through the 23 and had a great time. We arrived extremely late (11:30 pm) but our room was still there. Zac the front desk supervisor was extremely helpful with anything that we needed. We asked him for restaurant suggestions and he told us of ones that he enjoyed, and every one of them was a hit! When we would go down for our nightime coffee/tea he would ask about our day. He really made us feel welcomed! The hotel location is great, right in the middle of the boardwalk, but not too busy or loud. We were able to watch the fireworks (every Sunday&Wednesday) right from our balcony! The breakfast had many options, including some healthy (yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit). It has easy access to the beach and local restaurant & stores. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Zac helped make a great stay excellent!

Dear gary c,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the 5 star review. I will make sure to share your comments with Zac on his next shift. Can't wait to see you on your next beach vacation.

Maryland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went for a long weekend in July. The hotel is in a very good location with lots of shops, and upscale boutiques a few blocks away. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. A few blocks in either direction on the boardwalk and you have outdoor music and lively night life. The hotel itself is not too big but the staff were very friendly. The rooms were very clean and you can't beat being right on the ocean. The balcony was a great place to enjoy the breeze, ocean, and the fireworks (Weds & Sun). The free breakfast includes premade pancakes and eggs and bagel, muffins, toast, cereals... pretty decent and plentiful. They have outdoor seatings so it's nice to sit outside enjoying your coffee and watching the sun come up over the ocean. It's a bit pricey during summer weekends but all the hotels are... Parking was either infront or the next block over. The indoor pool is a bit small but we weren't there for the pool. All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Loved my corner 10th floor room. Even the rooms near the elevators were pretty well insulated from...
1 Thank NatalieMaryland
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear NatalieMaryland,

Thank you for stay with us, and thank you for the great review. We will share your kind words about how friendly our staff was throughout your stay. We do have one of the best locations for a complimentary breakfast our outside seating has the best view on the beach. We hope to see you the next time your in Virginia Beach.

Washington, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The folks at this hotel were so professional and helpful. The hotel has awesome beach views, and very relaxed environment with trendy decor. Free breakfast is significant: eggs, pancakes, fruit, cereal, yogurt and much more. I had a snafu with my room and the staff took care of moving me to an upgraded room pronto. I didn't even think the plumbing issue was that big a deal but they had me packed and moved immediately. The sole potential downside to this hotel is that the pool is only indoors and it's quite small. However, with the ocean beckoning just feet away, I didn't miss the pool. I recommend this hotel to families or singles. I stayed by myself but never felt alone because everyone was so friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach, so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JulieMarsdenThompson
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear JulieMarsdenThompson,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the 5 star review. I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to upgrade you into one of our suites due to an issue that you were experience in your previous room. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments during our next stand up meeting. We look forward to seeing you on your next beach vacation.

Bealeton,Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My Mom, daughter, and myself stayed the week of July 5th through the 12! We stayed on the 6th floor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and when we needed anything all we had to do was ask and it was done right away. We LOVED our ocean view!! from the balconey. It was a very pleasent stay and we will be back next year!! And we highly recomend the Holiday Inn Express to friends and family.

Room Tip: The beds are so comfortable and the ocean views are breath taking!
Green Features: Wonderful Staff, and love the free breakfast they have every morning.
1 Thank Veronica85
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Veronica85,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the 5 star review. I'm glad our hotel was able to make your girls weekend away a success. We will share your kind comments with our staff at our next stand up meeting. We can't wait to host your next family vacation.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed for a week, asked to be above the 5th floor but we got there early and they had a room ready on the 4th floor it was great and were there for the fireworks that were scheduled for Friday July 4th but with the storm "Arthur" in the horizon they changed the date to Saturday instead we had the perfect seats right in our room on the balcony. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager2101, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear chazlou,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the 5 star review. Yes during the 4th of July our rooms have the perfect view of the fireworks. The City of Virginia beach not only shoots fireworks off on the 4th of July but every 3 to 4 days during the summer months. We look forward to seeing you next year on your beach vacation.