“Very nice rooms and service.”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I personally love staying at this hotel. The staff is nice and the rooms are very clean. I've stayed at a lot of hotels here in the area due to the fact I'm in the military. This hotel has been the best experience I've had .

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Fraley3124
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

we will like to thank the guest for her review and hope that she will continue to stay with us in the future.we really try and do all that we can to make the guest have an pleasant stay and we will share this with the staff.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We was a little skeptical because surrounding motels do not look so great, red roof was a blessing, clean room, comfortable bed helpful staff. Everything we look for in a motel bbecause we travel for a living. Truck parking, pet friendly and guest laundry very pleased will stay again :)

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Christine b
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

we want to thank the guest for staying and giving us a try,and we hope that in the future when they are traveling that they would stop by to see us again.again we say thanks

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I've worked with Red Roof,this is by far the worst Red Roof I've stayed,Had a deluxe double,refrige didn't work,dead bolt was working ,2 pillows on each bed,and the looked like basket balls,sheets had stains,and the morning of my check out,house keepers came in room pulling covers off bed before I could get out all of my belongings,very unprofessional,and also smoking.My family having a reunion,and we were going to book 15 rooms,but after that experience,we decided to seek another place!!!!

Room Tip: Most of the time your first impression is the best one,if it doesn't look or feel right then 9 t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 5tonyh5
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

guest came into the office very upset and we apologize to him,about the housekeeper coming into his room.we talk to housekeeping immediately after the situation.the guest never said anything to front desk staff or housekeeping about his sheets nor pillows or fridge,if he would had bought thid to our attention we would had did everything that we could do to make his stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Clean, well maintained, accomodations with firm innerspring beds, standard TV, small microwave, decent fridge (w/O freezer), plentiful hot water, adjustable shower head, generous and energy efficientg lighting, effective heating (a/c not tested), well lit, cordial and responsive staff, and excellent wi-fi (not tested for gaming or movies) I was able to use for updating my GPS maps. Special mention for Linda usually at the morning desk, and the inn's excellent handyman, Reggie.

We were pleased to see a power strip in the room used jacks available for chargers and computer connections. An outlet near the under-window H/AC unit provided a fourth free power source.

Sometimes I forget and leave things behind. Unlike most places I've stayed, they didn't wait for me to call -- they tried reaching me within a few hours after check out. I paid for express shipping to send it home: and am appreciative of their honesty and quick response.

The professional pictures on the company website are a fair representation of the room and premises. Note however, that the lens' fore-shortening effect stretches nearby objects making the TV screen dimensions appear as HDTV. It's not but the picture quality was very good.

We've been here twice, and I was walking across the parking lot when the "Red Roof" reviewer's neighbor-shouting occurred (Review dated March 30). There were several such outbursts that particular night, but nothing like it the night after or the second time we stayed. That particular night travellers from all over were in town for a major event run held the next day. Bottom line: although the rooms are reasonably sound-insulated from each other, noises from the outside seep in -- Just as I've found to be the case with more expesnive hotels.

For reasons like the above, I value H/AC that runs continuosly as a sort of ambient noise shield. Our unit however in the heating position ran only to adjust the temperature. The only continous blowing came from the fan (only) setting. We partially compensated by running the bathroom's fan all night.

Breakfast: A few of the traveller photos show the breakfast bar with a number of open white-tray boxes. The boxes contain fresh donuts from a national "crispy" chain nearby. The remaining breakfast is coffee, very hot water for teas, apple and orange juice. No trays for taking anything back to the room - I used a drink caddy from a fast-food restaurant that happened to be in our car.

Tips: Pillows are either foam or fiber, about 2-3" high. Both times only one foil dispenser of shampoo was in the bathroom ready for use. No hand lotion. Two hangers per room. However: travelers may ask and receive more pillows, shampoo and hangers. You may also ask for a hair dryer. The room has no ironing board -- we did not asking for an iron.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are probably on the backside of the wing parallel to Northhampton Road. I've...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TacoTripper
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

we will like to thank the guest for such an excellent review.we will make sure that we share this with the rest of the staff.Linda and Reggie will personally like to take the time to thank him.we enjoy having mr, Dale and his wife visit us because they are very pleasant people.once again we thank them

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I always stay here when I'm in town. The hotel is nice and always clean. The beds are comfortable and if you need anything extra the front desk is ready to help. I never have no problems checking in especially when Das is there. He remembers my face and asks how I'm doing and always has my same room ready every time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candice D
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

We would like to thank you for taking time out to do a wonderful review for us, we will share this with our rest of the staff and we are glad that you that you had wonderful stay with us. we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

we stay at this hotel on a number of occasions and it has always been a great stay.the rooms are always clean and neat.the staff is very professional. ms. Linda at the front desk is the greatest .when ever you need anything the staff will go out of their way to accommodate you.even telling you where the best restaurants are. and the many attractions that are near by.you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel for the value.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lack04

we would like to thank you for doing survey for us online and we are glad that you had a good time here.hope tos ee you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We have stayed at this Inn a few time and each time, it has been a great stay. The rooms are clean the beds are comfy,but the lady at the front desk is out of this world. Her namae is LINDA and she is helpful, kind and fun to know.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PATTY D
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

We will like to thank you for taking the time out to do a review for us.thank you for a wonderful experience with us.we strive to make everyone have a wonderful stay.I am glad that LINDA made your stay even better.we will share this with the rest of the staff.again we say thank you.