“A Nice Stay... A Home Away From Home”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Nice Stay... A Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I came in town from Altanta to visit family an friends for the July 4th. I enjoyed my stay there, check-in was a breeze threw, the front desk clerk if I maybe mistaken the Lady name was "Linda" had me to my room in no time.The room was very nice my dog an I got comfortable with no problems. They also have Everything by you Walmart, Target, Family Dollar, Walgreens, 7-11, Fast Food, Diners, Etc.....
outside a huge field where I took my dog to do his thing lol and other dogs and cats lol yes I said it isaw a woman with her cat walking also but all the dogs got along not barking at all. but overall I enjoyed my stay as the terminator say "I'll Be Back".

Room Tip: Book Early Like I Did Great Prices
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank raquell p
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
I do want to apologize for any inconvience,you had during your stay.I assurre these issues have been address and corrected. I do hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

so i tend to frequent this hotel, and i noticed a sudden price hike from about 60ish dollars a night to 120 per night i expected a small jump because it is now summer but not a dubble in the rate. i was here for 2 nights and all was ok until my final few hours of being there while showering i looked up to see the wall had mold growing. also right next to it the wall paper i guess was separating from the ceiling and when poked it discharged a foul smelling liquid. also upon leaving i decided to shave not using the sink earlier in the stay i didn't see the fact that it was damaged so it wouldn't be controllable via the plunger in the back and that the small metal drain cap thing was also off and the water did drain just incredibly slowly.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank shawn g
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
we are sorry that this guest was not happy with the rate but unfortunately our weekdays rate go for about 71.99-99.99 and weekend rate are a little higher.This is our busy season and I think because of the rate he is complaining about the room because he never complained before.
Somerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed one night during a road trip to NC. The room was outdated, a little musty with carpet stains and no blow dryer.
The one good thing was late night check-in which was more like early morning check-in with a friendly person at the front desk. Plus it was located right on the highway we were taking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa S
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
we would like to apologize for the bad experience you had with us.we also are doing some minor renovations as we speak so in the future please give us another try.
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The bed wasn't comfortable at all. The room had a foul odor. Had to park a building away from my room. Room had no iron or board. Wasn't a pleasant experience. The location was the only thing good. $130 was to much for what it was. Wouldn't recommend anyone stay there.

• Stayed July 2013
dear sir,we are sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.we strive to be the best and to satisfy our guest to the best of our ability.when there is a busy weekend every body can not get a parking space directly in front of their room,but we do apologize for the uncomfortable bed and if we was bought to our attention we would have taken care of the problem.
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We searched and searched and searched for a hotel with availability on a Saturday night that accepted pets. I made a call to this red roof inn. The gentleman was really nice.
Reading reviews I was a bit nervous. I wanted my husband to look at the room first but it was after 10pm I truly didn't care what it looked like just wanted my kids to rest.
The gentleman gave us a back room near the doggy area since we had our dog.
The room looked great and didn't smell!
The bathrooms were updated.
I only came across two issues. One there was a used ketchup packet that was on the floor tucked under the comforter. And the shower curtain obviously wasn't updated with the bathroom. It does fit clearer across and it had mold on it. Other than that we all rested really well. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
we just want to thank you for staying with us.we are sorry that ther was a few issues in your room and we do apologize for that.we hope that in the future that you will try us again and we will address the issue with housekeeping.
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We booked the Red Roof Inn as a last-minute decision through Orbitz after a terrible experience with a different hotel near the ocean.

The rooms seemed to be newly remodeled and looked very nice. All of the bedding was clean and fresh and the shower was constructed of some very nice marble. The location of the Red Roof Inn suit us very well being only about a 15 minute drive down to the beach. The area was quite easy to navigate as well. We found it helpful that there was a Walmart and a Target about 5 minutes away from the hotel as well.

*Bonus: The hotel lists coffee in the lobby, but in addition there was also apple juice and orange juice as well as several boxes of fresh Krispie Kreme donuts each morning.

NOTE: Booking through Orbitz I selected a non-smoking room and the Red Roof Inn received it as smoking. I would verify these details with the hotel if I were to stay again. They were able to switch my room type upon arrival but it took a small bit of hastle in order to do so.

• Stayed June 2013
we just want to say thank you and we are very delighted that we made your stay pleasant.we hope that you will come back in the future to stay with us again.
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Staff is very hospitable, Rooms are clean and fresh. Washer and dryer a big plus. Karen the manager went out of her way to make my stay very comfortable and Linda at the front desk was a friendly face to see weekly for the month I stayed here. Will come here again.

• Stayed May 2013
we are so delighted that the guest was very happy with their stay with us.we strive to give 100% to each and every one and we just want to say thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.