“Affordable and Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Manasquan
“Affordable and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had stayed here over a year ago and found it to be still a good experience. Pet friendly with no fee (as with most Red Roof Inns), there was plenty of parking for the tractor trailer - in fact, 2 others in the parking lot. The young lady at the front desk was very good - quick, efficient, helpful - just a pleasure checking in. Our room was decent enough for the price. Mini-fridge, microwave, usual amenities. The only "problems" I could find were since we needed a ground floor room, the only one available was a smoking room. That seemed okay with us however, the room reeked of marijuana! The cleaning staff would be wise to use a little extra Febreeze spray when cleaning. Also, the bathtub was not as clean as it should be - still residue from the prior occupants. Could use a few more pillows on the bed but over-all, not a bad place for a night or two.

1 Thank ginny110411
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
we will like to thank the guest for this review and we hope to see you soon and we will address the issue with the cleaning staff as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stay in the area frequently and this is simply the best value and comfort for the money. Superior to the other 3 hotels within close proximity in the same location.

Rooms nicely decorated, bed is extremely comfortable, bathroom immaculate and the front desk staff always professional and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ConfirmedGuest
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
we will like to thank the guest for such a wonderful review and we always try to strive to give excellent service to our guest.We will share this with the staff and look forward to seeing you soon.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Never wrote a review before. Believed the good ones. Not a diva, but it must be clean. Looked up while in shower to find someone else's dirty washcloth hanging on curtain rod. Shelf in shower covered in soap slime. My husband refused to shower after that. Something loud was crawling in the ceiling above our bed..squirrel or rat, who knows? Also truck parked in the hotel lot by our room, so they knew he was there, ran his noisy truck all night. I don't know..we came in off the road late so maybe he thought I was a hooker, cause this place felt like a flophouse. Couldn't wait to get out so left by 7 a.m. Had to share. Don't do it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pgjj
we will like to take this time to apologize for the inconvience that you had here and we will address the issue with housekeeping staff and we sincerely do apologize and we do not look at our guest as none other than an normal person and nothing else.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I headed down to Virginia Beach for a business meeting. I arrived in the area around 11:30pm found the location of my meeting and began to look for a hotel. I had tried to find one using google but found the prices to be extremely high, so I decided to drive around and look for one. There were several hotels in the area with very low rates advertised on their signs so I stopped in to see if they had rooms available and was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the rooms and attitudes of their employees. I continued my search until I came upon the Red Roof Inn. It advertised a low rate as well and resembled the other hotels from the outside. That is where the similarity ended. I walked through the automatic door and approached the counter. Kartik Patel was behind the glass helping another customer at the counter. He immediately gave me a great big and said that he would be with me in a moment. When it was my turn he apologized for the delay and asked how he could help me. He gave me a room for the night and informed me of a discount that could be applied to my stay that evening. He was extremely helpful and did everything he could to ensure I had an enjoyable stay. He gave me a room on the backside that was nice and quiet. When I got to my room I was happy to find that the room was spotless and looked as if it had just been remodeled. It was one of the cleanest (if not the cleanest) room I have stayed in in a while. If you are looking for an affordable room that is spotless And has pleasant and helpful employees I would highly suggest staying here.

Room Tip: Ask Kartik and he will make sure you are well taken care of.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve H
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
we will like to thank you so very much for such a wonderful review ,we will make sure that we share this with the entire staff and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stay here often for work. Great location aside, the service at check-in is fast and friendly (most of the time it's Das) and the rooms are clean. I get exactly what I expect each stay. It's also a great value compared to the wildly fluctuating hotel prices in the area. Highly recommended and I will be back.

1 Thank herbtoast
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We would like to thank for your fantastic review for us , will share this with our rest of the staff and we will see you soon again.
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was checked and cleaned EVERY DAY that I stayed there. Staff was very courteous and ck in/ck out was hassle free. I would definitely stay there again, and recommend to my friends. It was very conveniently located with respect to my work, traffic was not burdensome, and noise was not an issue (even though I was right next to the airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
we would like to thank you for this review and we are glad that your stay with us went well and we will look forward to serving you again soon again thank you.
Stoneville, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was excellent! Members of the red roof family such as, Das, Cookie, Linda, and the General Manager, BK, we're exceptionally nice and provided swift service.

The room was perfectly clean and included standard microwave, fridge, & flat screen tv.

Although GPS said distance to beach was ~30min, we arrived in ~7min! Close to restaurants and shops.

I will def recommend and revisit!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mlesis
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
we will like to thank the guest so much for a fantastic review and we will share this with the staff as well,we will be looking forward to see you again and again thank you.