“Another great stay!!!!!!!!”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have had a wonderful time on my vacation here in Virginia Beach. The accomodations here at this Red Roof have been just perfect once again. The room is always well maintained and the staff is warm and friendly. BK does a great job maintaining and managing the property!
Terry Bream

Room Tip: Great rates, clean rooms, family pool, safe environment and friendly staff! What more could you wa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

we will just like to thank the guest for a nice review and we hope that we can continue to provide excellent customer service every time they come to visit us we look forward in seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Friendly staff and clean rooms. Always willing to help and go the extra mile to insure that customers are satisfied and pleased. General manager is kind and fast at providing services. Cleaning service us wonderful and quick and prompt. Pool is clean and fun for families to enjoy. I will always come here to stay when I'm in town

• Stayed: August 2014
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

we will like to thank this guest for this wonderful review and we are very happy that we made your stay a great one we look forward to serving you again in the future again thank you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The non smoking room smelled like someone smoked in it, only provided 2 small pillows, bed sheets are very thin, barely keep you warm and are hard to share with another person, no hair dryer in the room, barely any outlets, poor quality of towels. Wasn't a horrible stay but I was pretty disappointed with many things! Wouldn't come back to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

thank you for your review and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but we only put 2 pillows on the bed and if the guest need more we always have them at the desk and we would have been more than glad to give you more and RRI has not started putting hair dryers in all of there rooms as of yet but we also have those in the office also along with iron and boards and the bed linens are standard and we do apologize again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Friendly people, great atmosphere. Enjoyed every second. Can't beat the price. Rooms are clean and cozy. Excellent coffee and doughnuts. I would recommend this place to everyone. Every time we come back to virginia beach, we will be staying here. Friendly staff. A great. Family fun experience and definitely will remember this experience. Beds are relaxing. Had a great nights sleep. It was hard to leave to go back home. Nice pool. The whole family had a blast. Every day the kids woke up and could not wait to get doughnuts and juice, and then to the pool. The inn is only a hop skip and a jump from the beach. A super plus. Stores are close and plenty of restuarants to go too. Perfect location. Lots of things to do. From the beach to historic sites. Can't wait til we come back next time. Great hospitatity and always friendly. Actually had a hard time leaving the room to go site seeing. A very cozy atmosphere. It is definitely worth every penny. Personally I don't know why anyone would not enjoy the hospitatity and the effort
that the resort puts out on a daily basis. Hopefully we will be back her soon. Thank you red roof staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Eehx
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

thank you for such a great review and we will share this with the staff and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Came back to VA BCH for family reunion and the prices at other hotels were extremely high. After extensive research we decide to stay here it was just a hop, skip & jump away from everything. When we pulled up we noticed some people hanging around smoking and talking. Wifey was little nervous I paid them no mind. Check in was a breeze the staff was very nice, took a little longer due to one of them was in training. The first room they gave us in the back of the property, after thinking about we wanted a room closer up front and they were more than happy to find us two additional rooms to choose one. We choose the one facing the pool. When we got two our room we noticed that two people were sitting in the hallway on the way to our room. I didn't know how they were going to act as we had to walk in between them to get to our room. To be on the safe side I brought my "friend" with me. We walked by and nothing happened they even spoke to us, they were simply siting outside to smoke their cigarettes. The room was very clean it smelt good and looked good. We were very impressed!!! We proceeded to bring our bags in and the people that were in the hallway removed their chairs and went back into their room. The AC was cold just the way I like it!! The bed was a little hard for my taste. The bath towels were a little small. There really is no free breakfast just coffee, juice and doughnuts until 9am. Arrived with about 10mins to spare, thought we could gets some doughnuts but one of the staff was eating one when we came in. O well just got some coffee and walked right next door to Bojangles. House keeping came to our room asking if we needed any service and we said no. But when came back to our room later on in the evening our it had been serviced. Puzzled?????????? They did a good job, but I didn't want any service. We stayed here two days. Check-out was a breeze we will more than likely stay here again. Also there are no irons or iron board we was able to get it from the front desk. If you are tall like myself that little baby iron board was hard on my back, due to having to bend so low.

Stayed: July 2014

thank you for the response and am sorry that we do not have breakfast and we do apologize for housekeeping going into your room.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I started by booking my stay through the company website. I set my arrival date and departure date with a confirmation by email. I arrived at the hotel and the staff claimed that I was a "no-show" from the prior night. the staff was very rude and made a point to make sure I knew it was my error and not their in the reservation. The staff stated they could give me a room but not at the price I was guaranteed online.
In fact, the rate was almost double and they continued to let me know that it was my error. Since I had arrived in town for a concert and not really sure of any other hotels around I took the room at double the rate. The hotel was dirty with and smelled bad. The bath towels had hairs all over them and when we called for replacements the staff stated " I cannot guarantee the new set of towels won't have hairs on them." I asked how this was possible and she stated that they clean them on-site instead of sending them to a company. I had to rinse the tub before I showered because the tub had not been cleaned and still had a used bar of soap from the previous guest. That bar of soap also contained pubic hair and I just left it in its place. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

when the guest came to check in on Friday the 2 front desk clerk let him know that his arrival date was for the night before and he was charge for a no show and he stated that it was suppose to had been for Friday and we explained to him the policies and we also asked him who booked the reservation for him and he said that he booked it himself no ,nobody was rude through the conversation we called the manager to asked if he could pay the difference for the rate we was charging that night instead of the full rate and the manager agreed to that and the guest also agreed to it as well the guest never complained to us about any of these issues and why would we say something like that because that is not acceptable and we did apologize to him about the mixup but we did the best that we could do.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I came here because I was visiting family for a few days and wanted my own space. The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful when I checked in and the price was really great! I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my room! The decor was updated and it was so clean! I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this room!

• Stayed: July 2014
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

we will like to thank the guest for this nice review and we hope to see you again in the future again thank you.