“THIS RED ROOF ROCKS!”

Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Elkhorn City, Kentucky
“THIS RED ROOF ROCKS!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed 4 nights during week of july 4. Basic room but clean. No hairdryer which was disappointing to my wife. Red Roofs recent remodeling makes the difference! Got a great rate and the front desk staff was friendly. Small but clean outdoor swimming pool. Right off exit and a 15 min straight shot to beachfront. Stay here if you are looking for a good budget hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tatecrag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Norlina, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

After checking all the reviews on the nasty roach motels oceanfront at VA beach, I decided to stay just a few minutes away. Red Roof is VERY basic with no frills. There was a mix up with my room- it was reserved for the wrong day yet they still offered to give me another one for the same price, which was nice. What wasn't nice was that the first key given to me was for a room that was already occupied- which I didn't notice until after trying the card 3 times and peeking in the window.

The room was clean on first glance. The carpet under the bed is dirty, needs to be vacuumed. The black fold out table/laundry holder/ I don't know what the thing is....is covered in dirt. I'm not touching it. Air condition works. Bed is comfortable. From the looks of the rug i'll be sleeping on top of the comforters. Not even considering pulling them down to see the sheets.

It stinks outside of the hotel, like someone let their dog do their business. There are signs for vending yet I haven't seen anything but an ice machine that I am not about to eat the ice from.

I have ZERO desire to ever come near VA beach again. It is a nasty city with horrible traffic and maniacal drivers if you have to get on 264...and apparently all GPS directions to anything from a gas station to a chick fil a require a 20 minute hell ride on 264.

I suppose you'd need to pay 300+ a night and stay oceanfront to avoid it or find something good about this city.

Hotel is decent for the price.

Town of VA beach- I can't wait to get away from here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed here at this Red Roof many times over the last 13yrs. I have always been very satisified with the service and staff. The rooms are always clean and ready when I arrive for my stay. I have recommended this hotel to friends and family and they too enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

After driving 10 hours and getting here earlier than check-in, the people at the front desk provided excellent service to get us a room right away so we would not have to wait. We got our room and it was really clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, also. Overall, for the low price we paid, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Daniela2494
Liberty, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Average hotel. Had trouble checking in as our reservation over internet hadn't went thru but the check-in guy told me who to call and got it straightened out. Our reservation was suppose to have a microwave and fridge according to internet but when got to room, there was none. Again, the guy assured me we were not suppose to have one as the double rooms don't come with that. Again, mix up on Priceline's end, not the hotels. Our room was the average standard two bed room. It was clean, beds were comfy, and the air worked! The pool was somewhat smaller than appeared on the website but still plenty of room. Right off the interstate and within walking distance to Denny's and a 7 eleven. Fairly quiet place as well. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Mybstay was only for 1 night and it was great. I read the reviews prior to booking and saw that a clerk by the name of Sagar was mentioned a couple of times, he checked us in and was everything the reviews said he was. Very fast, efficient, and accomodating when i asked for a 1st floor room. The room was emaculate and my daughter stated that it even smelled clean. Hoping to be moving to this area soon but in the meantime, whenever im here this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Secaucus
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I try to come to the Chesapeake bay to do some fishing and recreating in July. Last year I camped, this year I decided to go with some air conditioning instead. Of all the hotels I looked up that would offer me close access to the CBBT and some of the other fishing spots I had in mind, this one seemed to have the best combination of ratings and value. That was good enough for me.

I signed up for a week and requested a non-smoking room on the top floor (floor 2). They gave me a room with a choice of front or back views. I chose the front, which overlooked the pool area (a popular area during my stay). I wouldn't worry about the view though. The back may actually be quieter.

My room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job of putting it right back in the same condition while I was out each day. There were no bugs! The beds were a little firm for my taste but that seems to be pretty common in non-luxury hotels. I still slept just fine. I was happy to have a refrigerator in my room to keep all my fishing snacks and drinks cold. The air conditioner was up to the task. There was a decent sized tube TV that had a fair amount of channels (no movie channels that I was aware of).

For the little time I spent in the room in the evenings and overnight, the room was great. There were plenty of families vacationing with children and they really seemed to enjoy the outdoor pool area. The room came with free Krispy Kreme donuts, coffee, tea, and juice in the reception area each morning. The staff was very nice the couple times I interacted with them. All-in-all I was happy with my choice and would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo