“Very Nice”

Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Fort Erie, Canada
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed just one night on my way to Florida. Very modern rooms. Clean and quiet. Desk staff is somewhat friendly and helpful, but could use some help with knowledge of the local area, and the coffee could be better.

Room Tip: closer to the lobby is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank You for giving us 5 Stars review as this means a lot to my team. We appreciate for your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and find our staff friendly. We hope to see you when you are in our area next time.

Irfan Faruqi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this Red Roof inn a few nights and I must say I was wonderfully suprised..The rooms smell like hospital room, very fresh n so sterile clean...The beds are sooo comfortable n warm. I will definatly be staying here for future visits. Its also very quiet n peaceful here. Not trashy.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank laj2402
I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and find our newly renovate hotel rooms clean and comfortable. I truly appreciate for your kind words and Thank s for 5 Stars review. Positive reviews like yours are a big encouragement for my team as we work very hard to make sure all our guests are happy. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here in August and had a great experience. Check in and check was swift. The rooms are renovated and are very spacious! The rooms were very clean. The location was okay, but it suited my needs. Its a couple miles up on the highway from the mall and many restaurants. And i say about 20 minutes away from the beach. I actually enjoyed it so much, that next summer when I travel back to VA beach, I just might stay here :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
I am happy to know that you had a great experience staying at our newly renovated Inn. Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to write a 5 star survey. Our team will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for a business trip in June- was warned to be careful as there had been negative rumors of the Red Roof near my work. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate and certainly worth the price. It was an adjustment getting used to the motel/door to the street feel of the red roof inn but there was really nothing to worry about. Definitely worth the money and in a great area for my business trip down to Virginia beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Terrence F
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank You for choosing us for your lodging needs and giving us 4 Star reviews. . I am pleased that you enjoyed your and found great value for your money. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to spend one night in this hotel while we were vacationing near Virginia Beach since it was reasonably priced and got great reviews on Tripadvisor. After checking in, we went to our room only to find that it was filthy. There were sticky spots on the counters, the floors had clearly not been swept, and the bathroom was, well, disgusting. If it weren't for the fact that the beds had been made and the bathroom supplies had been stocked, we would have assumed the room was never cleaned. We aren't finicky people and didn't expect much paying $70 a night, but we both agreed there was no way we would feel comfortable staying in that room for one night. We went back to the front desk and told them that our room was dirty. The front desk worker apologized, saying "I'm not sure what the cleaning people are doing here." He was very nice about it and sent us to a new room, which gave us hope that it would be in better condition. Nope. The second room was just as filthy-- sticky spots on the floor, hair everywhere. Even worse-- the security door latch in this room was not securely nailed into the wall. When we pulled on the door, the security latch pulled completely out of the wall. We didn't feel safe and we felt dirty just crawling into bed. Since it was late and we had already complained once, we decided just to suck it up and stay for the night. We set our alarms for extra-early and got out of that place as soon as we could. We'll never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CRaeK
Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while staying with and thank you for your continued patronage with Red Roof Inn. My staff and I try very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay and I’m very sorry that you did not experience this while with us; please accept my sincerest apologies.
We take our guests’ safety and satisfaction very seriously as they are our top priorities; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hands down the best Red Roof Inn I've ever stayed in...Recently renovated, clean, quiet, well maintained inside and out and a super friendly staff. Comfortable rooms, nicely furnished and the laminate flooring and no carpeting is a big plus. This Red Roof is 100% smoke free and an exceptional value with both a Denny's and Ruby Tuesday just short walk away. Conveniently located right off I-264, I stay at this Red Roof whenever traveling in the Virginia Beach area and I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brendan F
RRI-93, Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
I am glad to hear that you like our smoke free newly renovated rooms Thank You for taking time out to write a nice review about your recent stay and your kind words. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I travel a fair amount, both for business and pleasure, and always like to save money where I can. For me a hotel/motel/inn is usually just lodging, it's not my destination, so I'm generally looking for a clean room with basic amenities and a bed -- I'd rather spend my money on good meals, sight-seeing, etc. Besides cleanliness, my main "requirements" are hot water, clean sheets, a comfortable bed and good wi-fi. I guess I'm easy to please. Sometimes I also bring my dog along so pet-friendly lodging becomes essential.

A few years ago, I stayed at my first Red Roof Inn. It was near the freeway and was merely a driving break; I think I was there all of 10 hours. It was clean, had my basic requirements covered, and was inexpensive. Since then, I've probably stayed 30 nights at other Red Roof Inns and, with one exception, been very pleased with them all.

I would say this Red Roof location is a step above most of the others I've visited. I had an easy check-in/check-out, had a very comfortable room, and a quiet experience. The decorating was modern and recent, everything worked and it was in a good location. It was a business trip with the dog and he didn't have any complaints either. I'll certainly stay here again the next time I'm in Virginia Beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JimTravels2010
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
I am glad that you find our hotel clean, comfortable and great value for your money. Positive feedback like yours is always a great encouragement for my entire team. I truly appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for taking time out to write a nice review about us.