Hotel is older but very nice. Rooms are very big and accomodated the 5 of us with plenty of room to spare. Pros: RIGHT on the beach, super friendly staff for the most part, nice restaurant with great food, clean and spacious room. Cons: I wish I would have gotten the room I booked. Upon checking in, there was chaos going on...pulled up to ambulance and police cars in front due to two differnt medical emergencies. Trying to check in took over 30 minutes due to this and I felt bad for the staff as they were beyond frazzled. I was never told of an additional $50 per day fee to be added to my check-in so the girl was trying to put more on the card than what I left on it for this trip. They handled that, but while we were trying to figure out what was going on, another couple was given a room on the 8th floor as there was also power outage in the hotel. Once the card was charged, the front desk person, scratches out my room number and re-write another one. I ask why I am not on 8...I get told there are no rooms on 8...WHAT??? I even called to let them know I was running late due to traffic on i-95. The room we got was nice, but the view we were supposed to have was VERY obstructed and was more of the place next door and the parking lot then the Bay. Wish I knew how to ask for the rooms right ON the bay...GORGEOUS view. Had to ask several times to get a refund of the room difference which I finally got. Staff was ALWAYS pleasant, except one time. Whomever was running the store seemed to be put off that we were there and when we went back later in the day to get something, she decided to close over an hour earlier. She was the only one the entire time that was the least bit rude.
Overall, great place-just one clamity of errors this time. Would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Cente offers a secluded beach for guest use only, plus a year-round indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, spa tub, fitness center, and complimentary tennis at the Virginia Beach Tennis Club. THere is a Restaurant and Lounge offering wonderful food selections.This ALL SUITES Resort guestrooms have balconies with a view of the beach and bay, plus a separate living area with sofa bed. Suites include 2 TVs, and kitchenettes include microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hotel
- Virginia Beach Resort Conference Center