I love this place. The staff is very friendly and there are several great restaurants within walking distance as well as the beach across the street. Walk next door to a coffee shop, ice-cream and deli. Walk .5 miles to the inlet for three more great restaurants. Once you park your car under the the covered garage, you won't really have to drive again until you leave; unless you fancy something in particular. Called maintenance and they appeared within minutes to fix the problem. Soaking jacuzzi tub exist in big units. Have enjoyed trips here for a few days the past two years. Last year seemed quieter. This year our room backed to Pacific highway, so maybe there was more traffic noise, as well as music from the nightclub next door. I used ear plugs, but could still hear some noise. I am a light sleeper though. It would be nice if there was a soap dish because the soap kept sliding off the ledge into the sink, and a few more towel bars or hooks in the bathrooms. The unit itself is very nice except the twin mattresses are not firm enough for my comfort. Also, the gas fireplace does not have a flew, so when you turn it on ( with a timer set for 30 minutes) eventually you will smell gas and get a headache within 10 minutes if you are sensitive. Just turn it off and open the door to get fresh air, which of course defeats the purpose of warming up with a nice cozy fire. Pools and hot tubs are nice; though hot tubs have some plant debris. Kitchen and kitchenette are very nicely designed. Included is a basic set of pots and a blender. The fridge in this unit is noisy, so not much sleep even with earplugs on this trip, but I still had fun. Hair dryers, iron/board, and a safe to lock valuables are in the smaller unit, which are very nice conveniences. I can't wait to go back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a suite that feels more like home than it does a hotel room. Each of Turtle Cay's suites features thoughtful touches such as high ceilings, oversized bathrooms with jetted tubs, and a cozy gas fireplace. In addition to comfortable, home-like accommodations and amenities, our suites include extended-stay necessities like well-equipped kitchens and kitchenettes, washer and dryers in suites, and complimentary coffee and tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Cay Hotel Virginia Beach
- Turtle Cay Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Turtle Cay